Supporters’ terms and conditions
By becoming a supporter you assist The New European to continue in its mission to become a strong relevant voice of the pro-European community. The contribution you pay as a supporter will be used by The New European to support its editorial operations.
These Terms and Conditions govern the way in which contributions from supporters may be accepted, refused, or returned by The New European. Your contribution will be accepted in the form of a one-off payment made to Archant Community Media Limited (“ACML”) who is the publisher of The New European and by being a supporter you agree to be subject to these terms and conditions.
By making a contribution you, as a supporter, agree and acknowledge that:
- The contribution is made subject to these Terms and Conditions, which shall constitute a legally binding agreement between the supporter and ACML (the “Agreement”);
- The contribution will be used by ACML to support its editorial operations;
- ACML reserves the right to cease the publication of The New European at any time and at ACML’s sole discretion;
- If you are individual you are 18 or over at the time you become a supporter and that you are resident in the UK;
- If you are a company you are incorporated, established and/or registered in the UK, as applicable;
- If you choose to have your name mentioned in The New European, you will only use your own name or your own company’s name;
- Contributions to ACML are not charitable donations or gifts under the law of England & Wales and, as far as ACML is aware, supporters shall not be entitled to any tax relief in respect of their contributions nor are any contributions eligible for “gift aid” either in the United Kingdom; and
- Other than as detailed in Levels of Support below, you shall receive no benefit in return for any contribution and shall have no rights to influence the editorial policy or output of ACML.
LEVELS OF SUPPORT AND PRICES
There are currently three levels of support that you can choose from. You can:
- become a friend of The New European for a contribution of £48. You will qualify for a mention in our newspaper (should you wish);
- become a partner of The New European for a contribution of £240. You will qualify for a mention in our newspaper (should you wish) and receive a New European Branded Pen and Notebook; or
- become a patron of The New European for a contribution of £480. You will qualify for a mention in our newspaper (should you wish) and receive a New European Branded Pen and Notebook and an A3 print of The New European front cover of your choice, signed by Editor Matt Kelly
All prices are inclusive of VAT, where applicable. If you require a VAT receipt please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Supporters’ names will be published in The New European on a monthly basis, the date of publication in which supporters name will appear at the editors sole discretion.
Where any item that you are entitled to from your contribution is out of stock at the time you become a supporter, we reserve the right to substitute such item for a different item of equal or greater value.
Please allow up to 28 days for delivery. If you have not received the goods by this time, please contact email@example.com.
ADMINISTRATION OF CONTRIBUTIONS
All contributions to ACML need to be made through the “become a supporter link” on theneweuropean.co.uk (the Website).
Contributions received by The New European will be deposited in one or more bank accounts in the name of ACML together with other ACML funds.
From the moment the contribution is processed, ACML will be legally and beneficially entitled to the full amount of the contribution and the supporter has no entitlement to the return of a contribution in any circumstances other than as specified in these Terms and Conditions.
REFUNDS AND CANCELLATION OF CONTRIBUTIONS
Supporters shall be entitled to receive a refund of their contribution for up to 14 days after payment by notifying ACML by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. No refunds will be given if you notify us that you wish to cancel your contribution after 14 days of becoming a supporter.
We reserve the right to request that you return any of the goods you have received, at your cost, if you cancel your contribution to us. Goods need to be returned in the same condition as which you have received them, and if they are not received in the same condition we reserve the right to charge you the retail value of the goods.
Should The New European cease publication within 14 days of you becoming a supporter you will receive a full refund of your contribution.
The New European reserves the right to refuse and return any contribution in its absolute discretion, including without limitation where it believes that accepting the contribution would conflict with the mission, values or interests of The New European or ACML, and/or where, having regard to the source of the contribution or intentions of the supporter, ACML considers that to accept the contribution could damage the independence or reputation of ACML or adversely affect the relationship of ACML with other supporters or stakeholders.
Any refunded contribution shall be repaid into the account from which the contribution was made.
TRANSPARENCY OF CONTRIBUTIONS
The New European reserves the right to:
- Request the full name and contact details of the supporter;
- Request from the supporter any other reasonable information that it considers to be necessary or desirable to determine the provenance of the contribution;
- Publicly disclose the identity of the supporter with the supporters consent (such consent shall be deemed given if the supporter opts to have their name in The New European);
- If the supporter refuses to provide any information reasonably requested by ACML, ACML may refuse and return the contribution to the supporter at its discretion.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND PUBLICITY
Supporters shall not be entitled to publicise their contribution or otherwise market themselves or any connected person or business in connection with their contribution, except with the prior written consent of The New European and then only if the supporter complies with any written requests of The New European.
Supporters shall not be entitled to imply or promote any form of relationship between themselves and The New European, unless agreed in advance in writing by the Editor of The New European.
DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY
If a supporter opts in to receive information relating to offers from The New European via the email address supplied by the supporter then he or she may unsubscribe at any time by contacting email@example.com.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
Neither ACML nor any affiliated person, employee, agent, officer or director shall be liable for any loss suffered by any supporter or other person arising out of or in connection with a contribution, whether direct or indirect, including loss of revenue, loss of profits, loss of business or anticipated savings, loss of use, loss of goodwill, loss of data, and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, except in respect of any liability for death or personal injury or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
A failure of ACML to assert a right or provision under these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that right or provision.
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, that provision shall be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent such that the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions will continue in full force and effect.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the supporter and ACML in respect of any contributions made by the supporter.
These Terms and Conditions are not intended to confer any contractual benefit on any person pursuant to the terms of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
The Agreement and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with it will be governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
If you have a query or complaint about your contribution, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.