The 10 funniest tweets of the general election campaign so far
- Credit: Archant
It's been just six days since parliament dissolved and each of the parties launched their election campaigns, but in that time we have already seen so much happen.
Between Tory MPs criticising the victims of Grenfell, the government refusing to release a report into Russian election interference, and the Conservatives being criticised for doctoring videos for campaign footage, there's more than enough reasons to make Boris Johnson break his sober promise.
At least in these tumultuous times we can turn to Twitter for a bit of light relief.
So, we have collected 10 of the funniest tweets since the election campaigns started.
Scroll down for more:
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Leave EU website suspended after EU registry blocks move to Ireland
- 2 The greatest failure of government in our lifetime
- 3 Comedian wins praise after shaming No 10 during Dancing on Ice appearance
- 4 Television drama to focus on Boris Johnson's first year in Downing Street
- 5 Boris Johnson claims Labour supporters using Universal Credit vote to incite hatred
- 6 The bigot we should have called out on day one
- 7 The polling that signals the plight of the Union
- 8 Progressive alliance could see Labour win 351 seats at next election, new analysis reveals
- 9 Dominic Raab 'not convinced' collapse of fishing businesses would be result of Brexit deal
- 10 Boris Johnson blames seafood companies for post-Brexit sales slump
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.