The 10 funniest tweets of the general election campaign so far
- Credit: Archant
It's been just six days since parliament dissolved and each of the parties launched their election campaigns, but in that time we have already seen so much happen.
Between Tory MPs criticising the victims of Grenfell, the government refusing to release a report into Russian election interference, and the Conservatives being criticised for doctoring videos for campaign footage, there's more than enough reasons to make Boris Johnson break his sober promise.
At least in these tumultuous times we can turn to Twitter for a bit of light relief.
So, we have collected 10 of the funniest tweets since the election campaigns started.
Scroll down for more:
You may also want to watch:
- 1 US election result could spark 'end of Brexit', claims peer
- 2 Brexiteer says EU 'spiteful' to end fast-track lanes for Brits after Brexit
- 3 STAR TURNS: Bond star haunted by school tragedy
- 4 'Assorted caviar' and 'board games' - Gifts confiscated from Boris Johnson due to anti-corruption laws
- 5 Former Labour MP tells Jeremy Corbyn to retire after being suspended from party
- 6 Nigel Farage places £10,000 bet on Donald Trump to win second White House term
- 7 Farage says he can dodge US travel ban because he's a 'journalist'
- 8 Question Time: Tory minister told 'diverse' cabinet doesn't erase race issues in party
- 9 Donald Trump supporters duped into thanking 'Satan' for backing president's re-election campaign
- 10 Boris Johnson 'hid in bedroom' to avoid grilling on Brexit stance days before becoming PM
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.