The 10 funniest tweets of the general election campaign so far
- Credit: Archant
It's been just six days since parliament dissolved and each of the parties launched their election campaigns, but in that time we have already seen so much happen.
Between Tory MPs criticising the victims of Grenfell, the government refusing to release a report into Russian election interference, and the Conservatives being criticised for doctoring videos for campaign footage, there's more than enough reasons to make Boris Johnson break his sober promise.
At least in these tumultuous times we can turn to Twitter for a bit of light relief.
So, we have collected 10 of the funniest tweets since the election campaigns started.
Scroll down for more:
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Empty shelves are partly down to Brexit - but Leavers won't admit it
- 2 Why Bristol is the street art city
- 3 The Spanish village with the mythical blue lagoon
- 4 Boris Johnson enjoys splendid isolation
- 5 A very nearly enchanted evening
- 6 Has something shifted in sado-populist Britain?
- 7 Telling the truth is now the only sackable offence
- 8 What I learned by avoiding England and the Euros
- 9 Cost of Brexit is already 38 times more than the money set aside for levelling up
- 10 Priti Patel - the poster girl for our poisonous politics
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.