The 10 funniest tweets of the general election campaign so far
- Credit: Archant
It's been just six days since parliament dissolved and each of the parties launched their election campaigns, but in that time we have already seen so much happen.
Between Tory MPs criticising the victims of Grenfell, the government refusing to release a report into Russian election interference, and the Conservatives being criticised for doctoring videos for campaign footage, there's more than enough reasons to make Boris Johnson break his sober promise.
At least in these tumultuous times we can turn to Twitter for a bit of light relief.
So, we have collected 10 of the funniest tweets since the election campaigns started.
Scroll down for more:
You may also want to watch:
- 1 The true cost of Brexit is becoming clearer
- 2 Where the fires of Brexit still burn fiercest
- 3 Be careful what you wish for... voting reform could kill Labour
- 4 PMQs: Ian Blackford drops truth bomb over post-Brexit trade deal with Australia
- 5 MATT FREI: Brexit posed a question... and we haven't even begun to answer it
- 6 Amazon order shows how we're all paying the price for Brexit
- 7 Why have Remainers gone so quiet?
- 8 Brexiteers propose return of imperial measurements in report on reducing 'red tape'
- 9 Boris Johnson's awkward moment with the Queen
- 10 How the Kominsky Method grapples with growing old
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.