6 excellent reasons to go out and buy The New European this week
- Credit: Archant
Where can I buy The New European? What stories are in the latest issue of The New European?
The New European is a unique newspaper; launched in the heat of the Brexit vote - and designed to last only four weeks - we are still here, more than a year later, and thanks to our growing community of readers, we are thriving.
If this is your first time, then welcome.
If you are a long time reader, then welcome back - we hope you like our new format.
From this week, The New European will be printed as a tabloid - and we have increased our pages from 48 to 64, which means more content than ever before.
The New European is on sale in all good newsagents in UK and Ireland. Use our store locator tool to find your nearest copy.
You may also want to watch:
We've included new features, such as our weekly media columnists Chris Sutcliffe (you'll find his first column on page 16) along with a weekly digest of the best of European media commentary.
We're also expanding our European news and features coverage. Our focus is firmly on the stories that won't necessarily make it big in the traditional media, but add another dimension to our understanding of our neighbours on the continent.
- 1 The stench of scandal seeping out from Britain
- 2 Why is devout Jacob Rees-Mogg so quiet about Boris Johnson's affairs?
- 3 Dominic Cummings' new venture could cause concern for No 10
- 4 Major and Blair were right about Brexit and Northern Ireland
- 5 Roman Kemp: Depression and coping with George Michael's death
- 6 Government deletes pro-Scottish independence blog post
- 7 The symbolism behind the reopening of pubs
- 8 Why are there so few BAME faces on the fronts of our newspapers?
- 9 David Cameron and Matt Hancock discussed NHS scheme over 'private drink'
- 10 PM chooses not to attend Prince Philip’s funeral because of guest limits
The New European is a newspaper for people fascinated by Europe, passionate about Europe.
What hasn't changed is our mission. We are the only UK newspaper absolutely clear in our belief that Brexit is a catastrophe for this country - not just economically, but socially, culturally and in the interests of our national security. We are unashamed and transparent in our belief that the best Brexit is no Brexit.
If you feel the same way, and if you value our journalism, the best thing you can do to sustain it is subscribe to the paper. We have some terrific offers; you'll find details on pages 32 and 33.
The next best thing you can do is help spread the word. Tell a friend about The New European. Gift them a subscription. Visit our website at www.theneweuropean.co.uk and share an article on social media. And when you've finished reading your paper, leave it somewhere for others to find.
The saga of Brexit has many twists and turns to come, and we look forward to chronicling this extraordinary story week by week. Your support enables that. Thank you.
Here is what to expect:
1. Garry Kasparov on how the world's leaders are failing in the face of Putin and the Russian threat
2. Michael White on the problems facing Jeremy Corbyn – Labour's blessed leader
3. Anthony Clavane profiles the UK's most feared broadcaster – Andrew Neil
4. Nathaniel Tapley explores Rees-Mogg mania and what it says about us
5. A C Grayling: The three ways to stop Brexit
6. Violent, morbid, modern: Ian Wal;ker explores the Black Pictures of Goya
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.