6 of the best coffee shops in Amsterdam
- Credit: Archant
Six Amsterdam coffee shops for a tea or a coffee and a smoke – or even a beer –accompanied by great atmosphere and tasty snacks
A classic coffee shop in an old building on Haarlemmerstraat, to the west of Centraal station. The food menu and friendly staff complete the appeal: Haarlemmerstraat 102, 1013 EW Amsterdam, Netherlands. 0031 20 62 59 761
2. Coffeeshop Vondel
I can't help plug my local coffee shop, shot at in the recent spate of gun crime. Down-to-earth, friendly, and next to leafy Vondelpark: Overtoom 451, 1054 KH Amsterdam
You may also want to watch:
Near the entertainment centre of Leidseplein, Dolphins boasts an aquarium and under-water décor. Sink into a the experience at Kerkstraat 39, 1017 GB Amsterdam 31 20 62 59 162
4. Dutch Flowers
- 1 Brexiteer MP ridiculed after calling for free movement of goods between GB and NI
- 2 Brexit changes lead to exodus of Brits from Spain, UK nationals claim
- 3 Brexiteer says he'd never have voted for Brexit 'if we knew we'd lose our jobs'
- 4 Fears government could scrap workers' rights in post-Brexit overhaul of labour laws
- 5 Katie Hopkins joins UKIP in time for leadership contest
- 6 The bigot we should have called out on day one
- 7 The greatest failure of government in our lifetime
- 8 Nigel Farage launches new party in Scotland to promote 'positive case for the Union'
- 9 Matt Hancock praises free school meals before being reminded he voted against them
- 10 The worryingly familiar signs for Britain's vaccine roll-out
Go off kilter at this central location, where all the décor is at a slight slant: Singel 387, 1012 WN Amsterdam, Netherlands 31 20 624 7624
One of the shops where it is possible to drink beer, this westward venue can also slake your thirst: Jan Pieter Heijestraat 82 1053 GM Amsterdam 31 20 683 22 68
And finally, while not strictly a coffee shop, Hemp offers seeds and cannabis drinks. They like to engage with customers and discuss the products. Go with an open mind: Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 80, 1012 SE Amsterdam, Netherlands 31 20 528 5556
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.