6 of the best coffee shops in Amsterdam
- Credit: Archant
Six Amsterdam coffee shops for a tea or a coffee and a smoke – or even a beer –accompanied by great atmosphere and tasty snacks
A classic coffee shop in an old building on Haarlemmerstraat, to the west of Centraal station. The food menu and friendly staff complete the appeal: Haarlemmerstraat 102, 1013 EW Amsterdam, Netherlands. 0031 20 62 59 761
2. Coffeeshop Vondel
I can't help plug my local coffee shop, shot at in the recent spate of gun crime. Down-to-earth, friendly, and next to leafy Vondelpark: Overtoom 451, 1054 KH Amsterdam
You may also want to watch:
Near the entertainment centre of Leidseplein, Dolphins boasts an aquarium and under-water décor. Sink into a the experience at Kerkstraat 39, 1017 GB Amsterdam 31 20 62 59 162
4. Dutch Flowers
- 1 A view from inside the Heathrow petri dish
- 2 Could Mexican Coke spark a new Coca-Cola cold war?
- 3 The reverse Midas touch of Michael Gove
- 4 Why can't the English see what the Scots and Welsh can?
- 5 Is the end finally nigh for EU's most notorious leader?
- 6 First black female mayor elected in Liverpool as Labour holds on to role
- 7 Nicola Sturgeon concedes Holyrood majority for SNP is a ‘very long shot’
- 8 Labour claims ‘extraordinary results’ in Welsh Parliament election
- 9 Dominic Raab 'chickened out' of a no-deal Brexit, Michel Barnier says
- 10 Scotland ‘united against the fascists’ after far-right candidates rejected
Go off kilter at this central location, where all the décor is at a slight slant: Singel 387, 1012 WN Amsterdam, Netherlands 31 20 624 7624
One of the shops where it is possible to drink beer, this westward venue can also slake your thirst: Jan Pieter Heijestraat 82 1053 GM Amsterdam 31 20 683 22 68
And finally, while not strictly a coffee shop, Hemp offers seeds and cannabis drinks. They like to engage with customers and discuss the products. Go with an open mind: Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 80, 1012 SE Amsterdam, Netherlands 31 20 528 5556
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.