A big week for The New European... we won a major media award at the Society of Editor’s Press Awards.
The Chairman's Award citation read:
'When the Newspaper of the Year judging panel met the debate was as heated as ever. But the judges agreed unanimously that one newspaper deserved a special award.
It was launched in the immediate aftermath of the European referendum and was intended to be a pop-up lasting just four weeks.
You may also want to watch:
The New European is still being published and has declared it will do so through this year. The New European is an unusual success - the counter-intuitive story of a new print launch in a digital age – and it has won praise from experts across the world.
- 1 These are the 322 Tory MPs who voted against extending free school meals to children
- 2 Priti Patel set to hand private firms £28 million in government contracts to deport asylum seekers from UK
- 3 Betty Boothroyd delivers scathing assessment of Boris Johnson's government
- 4 The harsh truths learned from halt in Brexit talks
- 5 Question Time: Ex-Tory minister accused of making 'sickening' comment about free schools meals row
- 6 Boris Johnson 'plans to resign' in six months because he can't live on £150k salary
- 7 Michael Gove's Brexit fantasy is leading us down a perilous path
- 8 At the upcoming US election, Donald Trump really is toast
- 9 German MEP tells Boris Johnson he 'owes' Britons a Brexit deal as she urged a return to EU trade talks
- 10 Priti Patel bullying inquiry may never be released, hints Boris Johnson's new civil service boss
And it hugely impressed our judges.'
We were incredibly thrilled and humbled to be picked out in this way. But The New European is a strong - and growing - community of people passionate about the UK's future and the damaging effect of Brexit. So we accepted the award gratefully, and on behalf of all you - our readers, whether you read us online or (better still) buy the paper each week.
You can help sustain our journalism buy taking out a subscription, or by becoming a friend or a patron of The New European - you'll find out how on our great website www.theneweuropean.co.uk
Until next week,
PS: Happy St Patrick's Day to all our Irish readers - and all those frantically trying to become Irish so they can hold onto the EU citizenship!
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.