A big week for The New European... we won a major media award at the Society of Editor’s Press Awards.
The Chairman's Award citation read:
'When the Newspaper of the Year judging panel met the debate was as heated as ever. But the judges agreed unanimously that one newspaper deserved a special award.
It was launched in the immediate aftermath of the European referendum and was intended to be a pop-up lasting just four weeks.
You may also want to watch:
The New European is still being published and has declared it will do so through this year. The New European is an unusual success - the counter-intuitive story of a new print launch in a digital age – and it has won praise from experts across the world.
- 1 Tory MP blames 'chaotic parents' for children going to school hungry
- 2 Boris Johnson 'hid in bedroom' to avoid grilling on Brexit stance days before becoming PM
- 3 Danny Dyer praised for criticisms of Tory party - pointing out Etonians can't run the country
- 4 George Osborne says it is 'game over' for Boris Johnson over free school meals
- 5 UKIP set to select 'Dr Gammons' as candidate for London mayoral election
- 6 Liz Truss' department slammed for false claim about cost of soy sauce after Brexit
- 7 Andy Burnham could have been 'halfway through tenure as PM by now', claims commentator
- 8 Minister sparks concerns about pig semen after Brexit
- 9 Minister says he 'doesn't understand' accusation he's starving kids in holidays
- 10 Brexiteer in lockdown denial over 49% drop in constituency Covid-19 cases
And it hugely impressed our judges.'
We were incredibly thrilled and humbled to be picked out in this way. But The New European is a strong - and growing - community of people passionate about the UK's future and the damaging effect of Brexit. So we accepted the award gratefully, and on behalf of all you - our readers, whether you read us online or (better still) buy the paper each week.
You can help sustain our journalism buy taking out a subscription, or by becoming a friend or a patron of The New European - you'll find out how on our great website www.theneweuropean.co.uk
Until next week,
PS: Happy St Patrick's Day to all our Irish readers - and all those frantically trying to become Irish so they can hold onto the EU citizenship!
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.