A Brexiteer has just appealed for a statue for ‘Brexit Queen’ Theresa May
- Credit: Getty Images
A prominent Brexiteer has just told the House of Commons that there should be a statue of Theresa May erected in his constituency to commemorate the 'Brexit Queen'.
Wellingborough MP Peter Bone announced during Prime Minister's Questions that 'In 331 days, 11 hours and 14 minutes and 22 seconds the Prime Minister will be leading us out of the European Union.
He continued: 'My question to the Prime Minister is, in 332 days time, will she came to Wellingborough where she will be carried should height through the streets to the echoing of cheering crows and I will be able to show her the site where a statue to the Brexit queen will be erected?'
You may also want to watch:
Following a burst of laughter from Parliament, the PM responded: 'My honourable friend is absolutely right. We will be leaving the European Union and I'm tempted to say to his request 'how can I refuse?''.
- 1 Minister terminates interview after suggesting public's age and weight to blame for UK's high death toll
- 2 Nigel Farage loses nearly 50,000 followers after Twitter suspends QAnon accounts
- 3 Former Brexit Party MEP dies in diving accident in the Bahamas
- 4 Tory minister admits UK rejected EU's music visa offer in order to 'take back control' of borders
- 5 Bob Geldof takes swipe at No 10 saying 'lying is second nature' to them
- 6 The greatest failure of government in our lifetime
- 7 Progressive alliance could see Labour win 351 seats at next election, new analysis reveals
- 8 Boris Johnson blames seafood companies for post-Brexit sales slump
- 9 Picture of Boris Johnson on the phone to Joe Biden causes social media stir
- 10 The bigot we should have called out on day one
So while the Brexiteers have yet to master the finer details of Brexit, they do at least have some sort of plan for Britain post-Brexit... and it involves blue passports, statues, and commemorative stamps...
As one tweeter put it, it's 'peak Brexiodicy'.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.