A Brexiteer has just appealed for a statue for ‘Brexit Queen’ Theresa May
- Credit: Getty Images
A prominent Brexiteer has just told the House of Commons that there should be a statue of Theresa May erected in his constituency to commemorate the 'Brexit Queen'.
Wellingborough MP Peter Bone announced during Prime Minister's Questions that 'In 331 days, 11 hours and 14 minutes and 22 seconds the Prime Minister will be leading us out of the European Union.
He continued: 'My question to the Prime Minister is, in 332 days time, will she came to Wellingborough where she will be carried should height through the streets to the echoing of cheering crows and I will be able to show her the site where a statue to the Brexit queen will be erected?'
You may also want to watch:
Following a burst of laughter from Parliament, the PM responded: 'My honourable friend is absolutely right. We will be leaving the European Union and I'm tempted to say to his request 'how can I refuse?''.
- 1 Tory MP blames 'chaotic parents' for children going to school hungry
- 2 Boris Johnson 'hid in bedroom' to avoid grilling on Brexit stance days before becoming PM
- 3 Danny Dyer praised for criticisms of Tory party - pointing out Etonians can't run the country
- 4 UKIP set to select 'Dr Gammons' as candidate for London mayoral election
- 5 Boris Johnson warned majority will be 'wiped out' over treatment towards north of England
- 6 Third Tory MP who rejected extending free school meals is targeted with local protests
- 7 Piers Morgan calls Boris Johnson a 'blustering buffoon' in attack on PM's handling of Covid-19 pandemic
- 8 Boris Johnson 'frantically repositioning' himself for Donald Trump to lose election
- 9 Government hands private companies £180m to carry out Brexit contracts
- 10 Liz Truss' department slammed for false claim about cost of soy sauce after Brexit
So while the Brexiteers have yet to master the finer details of Brexit, they do at least have some sort of plan for Britain post-Brexit... and it involves blue passports, statues, and commemorative stamps...
As one tweeter put it, it's 'peak Brexiodicy'.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.