French supermarket is already selling EU maps without the UK
- Credit: Jeremy Gordon
In a sign of changing times, a French publishing company has already started producing EU maps without the UK shown in the union.
A poster map produced by French educational publisher Éditions Aedis is titled 'L'Union europeenne - 27 pays' ('The European Union - 27 countries').
The 28th country, the UK, is shaded white, just like other non-EU countries Norway and Switzerland.
There is also no sign of the Union flag among the list of national flags also featured on the poster.
The poster was spotted in a LeClerc supermarket in Limoges by British man living abroad, Jeremy Gordon.
You may also want to watch:
His son Matthew told The New European that Jeremy had been "shocked" to see it.
His father was also annoyed by it, he said. "We are still full paid up members of the European Union and we haven't left yet," said Matthew. "So it was shocking to see."
- 1 Nigel Farage loses nearly 50,000 followers after Twitter suspends QAnon accounts
- 2 Tory minister admits UK rejected EU's music visa offer in order to 'take back control' of borders
- 3 Progressive alliance could see Labour win 351 seats at next election, new analysis reveals
- 4 Bob Geldof takes swipe at No 10 saying 'lying is second nature' to them
- 5 Former Brexit Party MEP dies in diving accident in the Bahamas
- 6 The greatest failure of government in our lifetime
- 7 Boris Johnson blames seafood companies for post-Brexit sales slump
- 8 Jacob Rees-Mogg says it's 'all the EU's fault' musicians can't tour Europe
- 9 What Auf Wiedersehen, Pet teaches us about Britain and Europe
- 10 Priti Patel fails to appear in Commons to answer questions on missing police records
Jeremy left the UK to settle in France last year. "He and many other Brits there are worried about increasing uncertainty around Brexit," said Matthew.
Éditions Aedis is currently advertising the currently accurate version of the poster, with 28 countries and with the UK shaded green.
However, it is marked as "out of stock".
The New European has contacted Éditions Aedis for comment.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.