French supermarket is already selling EU maps without the UK
- Credit: Jeremy Gordon
In a sign of changing times, a French publishing company has already started producing EU maps without the UK shown in the union.
A poster map produced by French educational publisher Éditions Aedis is titled 'L'Union europeenne - 27 pays' ('The European Union - 27 countries').
The 28th country, the UK, is shaded white, just like other non-EU countries Norway and Switzerland.
There is also no sign of the Union flag among the list of national flags also featured on the poster.
The poster was spotted in a LeClerc supermarket in Limoges by British man living abroad, Jeremy Gordon.
You may also want to watch:
His son Matthew told The New European that Jeremy had been "shocked" to see it.
His father was also annoyed by it, he said. "We are still full paid up members of the European Union and we haven't left yet," said Matthew. "So it was shocking to see."
- 1 These are the 322 Tory MPs who voted against extending free school meals to children
- 2 Betty Boothroyd delivers scathing assessment of Boris Johnson's government
- 3 Who's on the BBC's Question Time tonight?
- 4 German MEP tells Boris Johnson he 'owes' Britons a Brexit deal as she urged a return to EU trade talks
- 5 Fool's gold? Nigel Farage wants you to invest your trust in his financial advice service
- 6 The deep roots of Dominic Cummings' personal antipathy to the BBC
- 7 Tory MP who voted against her own party to support free school meals motion quits government in protest
- 8 'Shameful' Tory minister defends government memo attacking Marcus Rashford's free school meals call
- 9 At the upcoming US election, Donald Trump really is toast
- 10 Political commentator delivers blistering response to Tory backbenchers offended by Angela Rayner's slur
Jeremy left the UK to settle in France last year. "He and many other Brits there are worried about increasing uncertainty around Brexit," said Matthew.
Éditions Aedis is currently advertising the currently accurate version of the poster, with 28 countries and with the UK shaded green.
However, it is marked as "out of stock".
The New European has contacted Éditions Aedis for comment.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.