Lecturer: ‘Why I am considering moving back to Spain because of Brexit’
- Credit: Archant
In a new video series, The New European meets some of the 3 million EU citizens living in the UK. Here we meet ALFREDO CASTRO, a university lecturer, who is considering moving back to Spain because of Brexit.
There are fewer than 100 days left until the UK leaves the European Union and there is not a clear path in sight. While all eyes are on whether Theresa May's deal will pass, whether there will be a People's Vote or a no deal Brexit, there is a large group of citizens living more apprehensive about their future than most.
They are the nearly 4 million EU citizens that live in the UK.
They have no say or voice on what happen with their lives in the UK.
In a new series for The New European some of those EU citizens share their personal stories on how the EU referendum has impacted their lives, the uncertainty they have faced since the vote back in 2016 and how Brexit is impacting their families, jobs, and future plans.
You may also want to watch:
In the first of our series we speak to Alfredo Castro Jimenez, a university lecturer, who is now considering moving back to Spain after 6 years living in the UK.
Jimenez warns that the United Kingdom has a lot more to lose than win because of Brexit.
- 1 Boris Johnson warned majority will be 'wiped out' over treatment towards north of England
- 2 Boris Johnson 'frantically repositioning' himself for Donald Trump to lose election
- 3 UKIP set to select 'Dr Gammons' as candidate for London mayoral election
- 4 Third Tory MP who rejected extending free school meals is targeted with local protests
- 5 Danny Dyer praised for criticisms of Tory party - pointing out Etonians can't run the country
- 6 Piers Morgan calls Boris Johnson a 'blustering buffoon' in attack on PM's handling of Covid-19 pandemic
- 7 Government hands private companies £180m to carry out Brexit contracts
- 8 Tory MP says policies no longer match 'principles on which millions have backed us'
- 9 James Cleverly mocked after telling people to 'look at how they're doing in Wales'
- 10 Piers Morgan must expose the government's Brexit betrayal
• Are you an EU citizen with a personal Brexit story to share in our video series? Email email@example.com with more information.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.