The best alternative designs for the commemorative Brexit 50p coin
- Credit: Archant
Opinion is split on the Treasury's decision to release three million commemorative Brexit 50p coins into circulation on January 31st.
Remainers have vowed to either refuse the coin in shops, take them out of circulation by keeping them locked away, or will donate to charities or pro-European organisations instead.
Meanwhile others took to social media to come up with their own designs for the Brexit 50p coin.
Here are just some of those designs floating around social media...
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Poll: Laurence Fox in joint last place with Count Binface in race for London mayor
- 2 British fisherman expresses regret over Brexit vote on Danish TV
- 3 Brexit regret: Meet the Leave voters who wish they hadn't voted Leave
- 4 Opposition parties push for probe into Boris Johnson's conduct following viral video
- 5 Russell Kane: Why working class people like Boris Johnson
- 6 Priti Patel plan to deport EU rough sleepers from UK branded ‘inhumane’ by charity
- 7 Government scraps Pick for Britain programme after Brits fill as few as 5% of roles
- 8 James Dyson moves main address back to the UK
- 9 Ex-minister says Boris Johnson's government is a 'cesspit' where 'almost nobody' tells the truth
- 10 Government to dissolve parliament ahead of Queen’s Speech
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.