Government videos warning businesses about Brexit risks become perfect Remain adverts
- Credit: Archant
Number 10 has created 11 adverts explaining how businesses will be affected after Brexit in what critics are calling 'the best pro-Remain videos'.
Andrea Leadsom's business department have created the "explainer" videos covering topics from travelling to the EU for business after Brexit.
But when Leadsom posted the videos on Twitter the thread became a perfect advert for the Remain campaign.
Actor and writer David Schneider said: "Congratulations to the government for making some of the best pro-Remain videos I've ever seen. They really bring out the utter bone-brained idiocy of Brexit.
"We are the only country to declare sanctions on ourselves."
You may also want to watch:
Emma Andrews said: "Literally undoing everything we've achieved and established over the last 40 years as an EU member. Utter stupidity."
Dave Newton added: "Thanks so much for taking back control so we can do this. You absolute melt."
- 1 This chumocracy is costing our country
- 2 Bob Geldof takes swipe at No 10 saying 'lying is second nature' to them
- 3 Jacob Rees-Mogg says it's 'all the EU's fault' musicians can't tour Europe
- 4 Fifteen ways to fix Britain
- 5 Tory minister admits UK rejected EU's music visa offer in order to 'take back control' of borders
- 6 Poll finds Brexit-backing Wales would vote to rejoin EU
- 7 Piers Morgan tells Gavin Williamson to resign for being a 'catastrophe'
- 8 Nigel Farage loses nearly 50,000 followers after Twitter suspends QAnon accounts
- 9 Tory MP complains 'less scrutiny of trade deals' than when UK was in EU
- 10 Who's on the BBC's Question Time tonight?
Another added: "So 11 videos on how to cope with something which was meant to be an improvement."
Claire Herron Williamson said: "I'm really looking forward to all the extra work I'm going to have to put in for less return. Nice one."
Richard Mills added: "So something I currently don't have to even think about is about to become a complete nightmare and cost me a fortune - good this."
Stuart Armstrong said: "Thank you for these every useful advertisements explaining some more reasons why we should remain in the EU. An excellent, if not somewhat unexpected, use of our taxpayers money."
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.