‘Sit down you disloyal twerp!’ Brigden’s question to PM shot down by Tories
- Credit: Archant
Outspoken Brexiteer and Tory MP Andrew Bridgen continues to embarrass himself on the topic of Brexit.
This time he has made an error of judgement in the House of Commons.
The European Research Group member was jeered by his own party as he made a jibed reference to Theresa May's dancing.
He said: 'The prime minister is well known for her dancing, but sadly having seen the withdrawal agreement it now clear the tune she has been dancing to.
'My right honourable friend campaigned for Remain, she voted Remain, now surely it's in the national interest for her to leave, perhaps following a short transition period.'
You may also want to watch:
As members of his own party jeered the MP, one is heard shouting 'sit down you old disloyal twerp!' and 'get a grip!'
Members of the European Research Group were set to meet before Jacob Rees-Mogg handed in his letter of no confidence to Graham Brady from the 1922 committee.
- 1 Our PM demonstrates why Latin lessons plan is a bad idea
- 2 Twilight of the golden boy
- 3 30 great European books for the beach
- 4 Boris Johnson’s latest offence shouldn’t be overlooked
- 5 Can King Louis turn back the clock?
- 6 Maneskin and the Italian rock revival
- 7 The cannabis conundrum
- 8 Empty shelves are partly down to Brexit - but Leavers won't admit it
- 9 Priti Patel - the poster girl for our poisonous politics
- 10 Cost of Brexit is already 38 times more than the money set aside for levelling up
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.