The Telegraph asks for Brexit poems and it all goes wrong
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
When the Telegraph asked for poems about Brexit they probably weren't quite expecting the reaction that it received.
The problem was that most of the responses received didn't come from the pro-Brexit supporters that rally behind their newspaper, but Remainers responding in their masses with their own unique take on Britain leaving the EU.
Here is just a flavour of the anti-Brexit retorts that were sent in reply.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 These are the 322 Tory MPs who voted against extending free school meals to children
- 2 Priti Patel set to hand private firms £28 million in government contracts to deport asylum seekers from UK
- 3 Betty Boothroyd delivers scathing assessment of Boris Johnson's government
- 4 Boris Johnson 'plans to resign' in six months because he can't live on £150k salary
- 5 Michael Gove's Brexit fantasy is leading us down a perilous path
- 6 Question Time: Ex-Tory minister accused of making 'sickening' comment about free schools meals row
- 7 The harsh truths learned from halt in Brexit talks
- 8 Priti Patel bullying inquiry may never be released, hints Boris Johnson's new civil service boss
- 9 At the upcoming US election, Donald Trump really is toast
- 10 German MEP tells Boris Johnson he 'owes' Britons a Brexit deal as she urged a return to EU trade talks
MORE: Events - How you can help the grassroots anti-Brexit campaignsMORE: Leave voter turned Remainer says: 'In a democracy it's OK to change your mind'MORE: People should probably stop covering up copies of the Mail with The New European
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.