New Argos Christmas catalogue warns prices could rise due to Brexit uncertainty
- Credit: Archant
Argos has warned prices in its new Christmas catalogue could quickly change due to the Brexit uncertainty.
The retailer's latest Bible of products this time comes with a warning printed on page one that it expects prices to rise if Brexit takes place.
It says: "At the time of printing we intend to maintain our prices at or below the printed price, however, given the uncertainty around the UK leaving the EU we reserve the right to change our prices."
For the first time in ten years the catalogue has taken centre-stage in the retailer's new advert.
But the retailer now advises customers to check the price online before heading to a store to purchase an item.
You may also want to watch:
Retail Gazette says it is possibly the first time a retailer has categorically warned consumers Brexit could spark a rise in prices.
A photograph of the warning was tweeted by retail expert George MacDonald who said he had "never seen anything like this before".
- 1 Brexiteer Prue Leith quits Tory Party after government votes down motion to protect UK food standards
- 2 Public slams Brexit Party tweet which shames Tory MPs who voted against free school meals
- 3 Group in protest against Tory MPs who voted down free school meals targets offices with empty plates
- 4 Brexit shambles: A stress of our own making
- 5 Tory minister blames journalists for NHS Test and Trace failure as he defends Dido Harding
- 6 Priti Patel set to hand private firms £28 million in government contracts to deport asylum seekers from UK
- 7 Michel Barnier postpones Brussels return as Brexit trade talks in London continue
- 8 These are the 322 Tory MPs who voted against extending free school meals to children
- 9 Betty Boothroyd delivers scathing assessment of Boris Johnson's government
- 10 Boris Johnson and Priti Patel urged to end 'attacks' on lawyers in letter by 800 legal professionals
He added: "In past, prices often changed but only downwards."
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.