Shock as BBC presenter PRAISES The New European
- Credit: Archant
A BBC presenter has praised the latest front cover from The New European after the corporation finally included it in its newspaper review.
The Beeb usually leaves our newspaper out of its morning review on both its radio and television programmes - something that BBC Breakfast presenter Charlie Stayt acknowledged shortly after 6am when he started the programme.
He told viewers: 'We're going to start with The New European, which we don't normally feature in our paper review.'
This week's front cover includes a striking image illustrating the warring Commons and features MPs from all sides confronting each other.
Designed by Chris Barker, it is accompanied by editorial from James Ball on why the splits are good for the Remain cause, as well as a contribution from television presenter Terry Christian.
You may also want to watch:
'A striking image there with the headline 'House of Chaos!'', Stayt informed viewers.
'It is talking about the resignation of three MPs from the Tory party, and also says Brexit voters should be the first to go.'
- 1 These are the 322 Tory MPs who voted against extending free school meals to children
- 2 Question Time: Ex-Tory minister accused of making 'sickening' comment about free schools meals row
- 3 Betty Boothroyd delivers scathing assessment of Boris Johnson's government
- 4 Downing Street withholds praise for business and local authorities offering free meals to hungry children
- 5 Priti Patel bullying inquiry may never be released, hints Boris Johnson's new civil service boss
- 6 House of Lords defies No 10 and votes to heavily defeat Boris Johnson's Brexit bill
- 7 Boris Johnson 'plans to resign' in six months because he can't live on £150k salary
- 8 Priti Patel set to hand private firms £28 million in government contracts to deport asylum seekers from UK
- 9 German MEP tells Boris Johnson he 'owes' Britons a Brexit deal as she urged a return to EU trade talks
- 10 At the upcoming US election, Donald Trump really is toast
It prompted Stayt's co-host Naga Munchetty to declare 'that's a fantastic front page!'
As the programme moved to the Telegraph, she continued to show enthusiasm for our front page.
'That's great!', she said once more.
The praise from a BBC anchor is a rarity given the broadcaster is too timid to feature the newspaper in reviews.
Only time will tell if it is included more frequently in the corporation's news coverage - almost three years since the newspaper was first launched.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.