Shock as BBC presenter PRAISES The New European
- Credit: Archant
A BBC presenter has praised the latest front cover from The New European after the corporation finally included it in its newspaper review.
The Beeb usually leaves our newspaper out of its morning review on both its radio and television programmes - something that BBC Breakfast presenter Charlie Stayt acknowledged shortly after 6am when he started the programme.
He told viewers: 'We're going to start with The New European, which we don't normally feature in our paper review.'
This week's front cover includes a striking image illustrating the warring Commons and features MPs from all sides confronting each other.
Designed by Chris Barker, it is accompanied by editorial from James Ball on why the splits are good for the Remain cause, as well as a contribution from television presenter Terry Christian.
You may also want to watch:
'A striking image there with the headline 'House of Chaos!'', Stayt informed viewers.
'It is talking about the resignation of three MPs from the Tory party, and also says Brexit voters should be the first to go.'
- 1 Jacob Rees-Mogg claims fish captured after Brexit deal came into effect were 'British and happier for it'
- 2 The greatest failure of government in our lifetime
- 3 Matt Hancock praises free school meals before being reminded he voted against them
- 4 Katie Hopkins joins UKIP in time for leadership contest
- 5 Brexiteer MP ridiculed after calling for free movement of goods between GB and NI
- 6 Spokesman indicates Boris Johnson has not read Brexit trade deal text
- 7 Michel Barnier tells Britain Brexit red tape is here 'for good'
- 8 What Remainers should have done differently
- 9 Brexiteer says he'd never have voted for Brexit 'if we knew we'd lose our jobs'
- 10 Why I'll be making Leave EU's move to Ireland as difficult as possible
It prompted Stayt's co-host Naga Munchetty to declare 'that's a fantastic front page!'
As the programme moved to the Telegraph, she continued to show enthusiasm for our front page.
'That's great!', she said once more.
The praise from a BBC anchor is a rarity given the broadcaster is too timid to feature the newspaper in reviews.
Only time will tell if it is included more frequently in the corporation's news coverage - almost three years since the newspaper was first launched.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.