BBC presenter calls Dominic Cummings ‘such a dick’ on-air
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
A BBC presenter has been caught calling Dominic Cummings 'such a dick' on-air during a live news broadcast.
BBC Radio Ulster's Nuala McKeever was caught labelling Cummings a 'dick' when she left her microphone on during an afternoon news bulletin.
Listeners could hear McKeever disrupt news presenter Damien Edgar for a whole minute before she dropped the rude word.
You may also want to watch:
Edgar had begun speaking about Cummings' press conference which was set for 3pm when McKeever muttered: 'I was thinking he was such a dick I had written his name down as Richard Cummings. Freudian slip or what?'
- 1 The stench of scandal seeping out from Britain
- 2 Why is devout Jacob Rees-Mogg so quiet about Boris Johnson's affairs?
- 3 Dominic Cummings' new venture could cause concern for No 10
- 4 Government deletes pro-Scottish independence blog post
- 5 Major and Blair were right about Brexit and Northern Ireland
- 6 Tory candidate under fire after describing Brexit chaos as a 'hiccup'
- 7 Roman Kemp: Depression and coping with George Michael's death
- 8 DUP MP launches legal action against government over Brexit
- 9 Laurence Fox says ‘paedophile’ is ‘meaningless and baseless’ insult
- 10 JPMorgan 'considering' move of all EU business out of London, bank boss says
McKeever has since apologised and the BBC has issued statement saying it 'regretted' the comments.
'The comments were not intended for broadcast and should not have been… We very much regret what happened and the upset caused.'
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.