BBC presenter calls Dominic Cummings ‘such a dick’ on-air
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
A BBC presenter has been caught calling Dominic Cummings 'such a dick' on-air during a live news broadcast.
BBC Radio Ulster's Nuala McKeever was caught labelling Cummings a 'dick' when she left her microphone on during an afternoon news bulletin.
Listeners could hear McKeever disrupt news presenter Damien Edgar for a whole minute before she dropped the rude word.
You may also want to watch:
Edgar had begun speaking about Cummings' press conference which was set for 3pm when McKeever muttered: 'I was thinking he was such a dick I had written his name down as Richard Cummings. Freudian slip or what?'
- 1 Piers Morgan must expose the government's Brexit betrayal
- 2 Public slams Brexit Party tweet which shames Tory MPs who voted against free school meals
- 3 Brexiteer Prue Leith quits Tory Party after government votes down motion to protect UK food standards
- 4 Peers set to remove law-breaking sections of Boris Johnson's Brexit bill
- 5 Boris Johnson 'frantically repositioning' himself for Donald Trump to lose election
- 6 Boris Johnson warned majority will be 'wiped out' over treatment towards north of England
- 7 UKIP set to select 'Dr Gammons' as candidate for London mayoral election
- 8 James Cleverly mocked after telling people to 'look at how they're doing in Wales'
- 9 Minister says Dido Harding is working '19-hours a day' on Test and Trace
- 10 Michel Barnier postpones Brussels return as Brexit trade talks in London continue
McKeever has since apologised and the BBC has issued statement saying it 'regretted' the comments.
'The comments were not intended for broadcast and should not have been… We very much regret what happened and the upset caused.'
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.