BBC presenter calls Dominic Cummings ‘such a dick’ on-air
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
A BBC presenter has been caught calling Dominic Cummings 'such a dick' on-air during a live news broadcast.
BBC Radio Ulster's Nuala McKeever was caught labelling Cummings a 'dick' when she left her microphone on during an afternoon news bulletin.
Listeners could hear McKeever disrupt news presenter Damien Edgar for a whole minute before she dropped the rude word.
You may also want to watch:
Edgar had begun speaking about Cummings' press conference which was set for 3pm when McKeever muttered: 'I was thinking he was such a dick I had written his name down as Richard Cummings. Freudian slip or what?'
- 1 Priti Patel fails to appear in Commons to answer questions on missing police records
- 2 Tory minister admits UK rejected EU's music visa offer in order to 'take back control' of borders
- 3 Leave EU website suspended after EU registry blocks move to Ireland
- 4 Iain Duncan Smith defends calling Donald Trump 'a decent man'
- 5 The bigot we should have called out on day one
- 6 Kwasi Kwarteng confirms post-Brexit review of workers' rights
- 7 Boris Johnson blames seafood companies for post-Brexit sales slump
- 8 The Tory MPs who failed to vote against a Universal Credit cut
- 9 Bob Geldof vindicated over pro-EU fishing stunt, suggests broadcaster
- 10 Comedian wins praise after shaming No 10 during Dancing on Ice appearance
McKeever has since apologised and the BBC has issued statement saying it 'regretted' the comments.
'The comments were not intended for broadcast and should not have been… We very much regret what happened and the upset caused.'
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.