BBC presenter calls Dominic Cummings ‘such a dick’ on-air
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
A BBC presenter has been caught calling Dominic Cummings 'such a dick' on-air during a live news broadcast.
BBC Radio Ulster's Nuala McKeever was caught labelling Cummings a 'dick' when she left her microphone on during an afternoon news bulletin.
Listeners could hear McKeever disrupt news presenter Damien Edgar for a whole minute before she dropped the rude word.
You may also want to watch:
Edgar had begun speaking about Cummings' press conference which was set for 3pm when McKeever muttered: 'I was thinking he was such a dick I had written his name down as Richard Cummings. Freudian slip or what?'
- 1 The Prime Minister is out of his league
- 2 The cannabis conundrum
- 3 Empty shelves are partly down to Brexit - but Leavers won't admit it
- 4 Why Germany's Greens failed to rise on floods
- 5 Party politics will not save us from the Tories - we need drastic action
- 6 Boris Johnson: The sado-populist prime minister
- 7 Has something shifted in sado-populist Britain?
- 8 Priti Patel - the poster girl for our poisonous politics
- 9 Would Javid have renamed ICU wards 'Drama Queen Zones'?
- 10 Cost of Brexit is already 38 times more than the money set aside for levelling up
McKeever has since apologised and the BBC has issued statement saying it 'regretted' the comments.
'The comments were not intended for broadcast and should not have been… We very much regret what happened and the upset caused.'
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.