New billboard campaign highlights 0.3% of the nation will decide next prime minister
- Credit: Archant
A new billboard campaign highlights how just 0.3% of the nation will get to decide Britain's next prime minister.
The campaign, launched by Led By Donkeys, will see billboards appear across the UK to inform people of just how few will get a say in who gets the keys to Number 10.
The group tweeted: "The Conservative Party is about to foist a charlatan on our country and 99.7% of us are being given no say whatsoever."
The first billboards have gone up in Christchurch in Dorset and in Greenwich.
The videos and photographs are gaining traction on social media.
You may also want to watch:
One tweeted: "Democracy is very flexible in the world of Brexit. When it suits you, a 52% majority is the will of the people.
"If that's not convenient and you want to avoid letting voters change their minds, a 0.3% minority is the will of the people."
- 1 Brexiteer Prue Leith quits Tory Party after government votes down motion to protect UK food standards
- 2 Public slams Brexit Party tweet which shames Tory MPs who voted against free school meals
- 3 Piers Morgan must expose the government's Brexit betrayal
- 4 Peers set to remove law-breaking sections of Boris Johnson's Brexit bill
- 5 Group in protest against Tory MPs who voted down free school meals targets offices with empty plates
- 6 Tory minister blames journalists for NHS Test and Trace failure as he defends Dido Harding
- 7 Michel Barnier postpones Brussels return as Brexit trade talks in London continue
- 8 James Cleverly mocked after telling people to 'look at how they're doing in Wales'
- 9 Dido Harding is struggling to defend the indefensible
- 10 Boris Johnson and Priti Patel urged to end 'attacks' on lawyers in letter by 800 legal professionals
Another said: "17 Million people did NOT vote for Boris.
"17 Million people did NOT vote for @Jacob_Rees_Mogg 's version of Brexit.
"17 Million people did NOT vote to have a new financial crisis foisted upon them."
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.