Billie Piper launches stinging attack on Boris Johnson and urges people to vote tactically
- Credit: Archant
90s popstar and Doctor Who companion Billie Piper has launched a stinging attack on Boris Johnson - and urged people to vote tactically.
Piper took to social media to post a photograph of herself in a t-shirt with a parody Tesco logo that said "Tories - Very little help".
Cannot get behind a man who shames single mums and their children, uses casual racism, gambles with the NHS and gives zero f**ks about our children's future."
In a call for tactical voting, she added: "To all the young ones, learn how to vote tactically & rid us of this looming horror show."
The actress and singer encouraged people to visit a tactical voting guide from the People's Vote campaign.
Fans responded positively to the message from Piper.
You may also want to watch:
One said: "This is the first time I'm ever getting to vote and trust me I'm not gonna let the Tories win!"
"Knew there was reason she was my fav companion" said a Doctor Who fan.
- 1 Brexit regret: Meet the Leave voters who wish they hadn't voted Leave
- 2 Labour leader defends NHS after being kicked out of pub in Bath
- 3 Opposition parties push for probe into Boris Johnson's conduct following viral video
- 4 Scottish Tory leader accused of 'nonsense' excuse for Boris Johnson avoiding Scotland
- 5 Boris Johnson vows action over 'absurd' post-Brexit trading arrangements
- 6 ‘I should not have listened to Cameron’ – Former European Commission president
- 7 New research reveals half of Brexit supporters were not 'left behind' red-wall voters
- 8 Welsh government refused permission for legal challenge over post-Brexit bill
- 9 A chapter is over for Britain, for good or ill
- 10 Defence minister Johnny Mercer 'trying to resign' - reports
"Why gotta vote The Tories out? Because we want to, because we want to," wrote another.
It comes as one anti-Brexit organisation claimed tactical voting in just 36 marginal seats can stop a Boris Johnson majority.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.