Billie Piper launches stinging attack on Boris Johnson and urges people to vote tactically
- Credit: Archant
90s popstar and Doctor Who companion Billie Piper has launched a stinging attack on Boris Johnson - and urged people to vote tactically.
Piper took to social media to post a photograph of herself in a t-shirt with a parody Tesco logo that said "Tories - Very little help".
Cannot get behind a man who shames single mums and their children, uses casual racism, gambles with the NHS and gives zero f**ks about our children's future."
In a call for tactical voting, she added: "To all the young ones, learn how to vote tactically & rid us of this looming horror show."
The actress and singer encouraged people to visit a tactical voting guide from the People's Vote campaign.
Fans responded positively to the message from Piper.
You may also want to watch:
One said: "This is the first time I'm ever getting to vote and trust me I'm not gonna let the Tories win!"
"Knew there was reason she was my fav companion" said a Doctor Who fan.
- 1 Brexiteer Prue Leith quits Tory Party after government votes down motion to protect UK food standards
- 2 Brexit shambles: A stress of our own making
- 3 Group in protest against Tory MPs who voted down free school meals targets offices with empty plates
- 4 Priti Patel set to hand private firms £28 million in government contracts to deport asylum seekers from UK
- 5 These are the 322 Tory MPs who voted against extending free school meals to children
- 6 Tory minister blames journalists for NHS Test and Trace failure as he defends Dido Harding
- 7 Betty Boothroyd delivers scathing assessment of Boris Johnson's government
- 8 Michel Barnier postpones Brussels return as Brexit trade talks in London continue
- 9 How the Daily Star became Boris Johnson's biggest critic
- 10 Boris Johnson 'plans to resign' in six months because he can't live on £150k salary
"Why gotta vote The Tories out? Because we want to, because we want to," wrote another.
It comes as one anti-Brexit organisation claimed tactical voting in just 36 marginal seats can stop a Boris Johnson majority.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.