Billie Piper launches stinging attack on Boris Johnson and urges people to vote tactically
- Credit: Archant
90s popstar and Doctor Who companion Billie Piper has launched a stinging attack on Boris Johnson - and urged people to vote tactically.
Piper took to social media to post a photograph of herself in a t-shirt with a parody Tesco logo that said "Tories - Very little help".
Cannot get behind a man who shames single mums and their children, uses casual racism, gambles with the NHS and gives zero f**ks about our children's future."
In a call for tactical voting, she added: "To all the young ones, learn how to vote tactically & rid us of this looming horror show."
The actress and singer encouraged people to visit a tactical voting guide from the People's Vote campaign.
Fans responded positively to the message from Piper.
You may also want to watch:
One said: "This is the first time I'm ever getting to vote and trust me I'm not gonna let the Tories win!"
"Knew there was reason she was my fav companion" said a Doctor Who fan.
- 1 Jacob Rees-Mogg says it's 'all the EU's fault' musicians can't tour Europe
- 2 This chumocracy is costing our country
- 3 Bob Geldof takes swipe at No 10 saying 'lying is second nature' to them
- 4 Tory MP complains 'less scrutiny of trade deals' than when UK was in EU
- 5 No 10 says Biden removing Churchill bust ‘up to president’ despite Obama attack
- 6 Tory minister admits UK rejected EU's music visa offer in order to 'take back control' of borders
- 7 Fifteen ways to fix Britain
- 8 Piers Morgan tells Gavin Williamson to resign for being a 'catastrophe'
- 9 Poll finds Brexit-backing Wales would vote to rejoin EU
- 10 Who's on the BBC's Question Time tonight?
"Why gotta vote The Tories out? Because we want to, because we want to," wrote another.
It comes as one anti-Brexit organisation claimed tactical voting in just 36 marginal seats can stop a Boris Johnson majority.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.