Poundland solves Brexit by offering blue passport covers for Brexiteers
- Credit: Archant
Retailer Poundland is to bring the nation together by selling both blue and red passport covers for both sides of the Brexit debate.
The Brexit-inspired passport covers mean that those Brexiteers who wanted out of the European Union so that they could have blue passports can finally live out their dream at an affordable price.
It will include the message: 'Great Britain and Northern Ireland only.'
Meanwhile, the red covers for Remainers includes a defiant pro-EU message that reads 'still proud to be European'.
'Whether you're a Europhile or a Europhobe, Poundland's got you covered,' Mark Pym, the company's marketing controller, said.
You may also want to watch:
The government announced that blue passports would return in October 2019 after the UK has left the European Union - the 'iconic' colour that was imposed by the League of Nations back in the 1920s.
MORE: Brexit is like being dragged away from a party by two uncool parents says Sara CoxDespite Brexiteers' claims about the EU, red passports is not a stiuplation of being a member. The UK could have had a blue passport - just like Croatia. The new passports sparked controversy amongst Leavers when it was revealed it will be produced by the French.
- 1 Telling the truth is now the only sackable offence
- 2 Boris Johnson: The sado-populist prime minister
- 3 Why Bristol is the street art city
- 4 Has something shifted in sado-populist Britain?
- 5 Brexit stripped me of my Britishness
- 6 What I learned by avoiding England and the Euros
- 7 Cost of Brexit is already 38 times more than the money set aside for levelling up
- 8 A very nearly enchanted evening
- 9 Priti Patel - the poster girl for our poisonous politics
- 10 Empty shelves are partly down to Brexit - but Leavers won't admit it
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.