Poundland solves Brexit by offering blue passport covers for Brexiteers
- Credit: Archant
Retailer Poundland is to bring the nation together by selling both blue and red passport covers for both sides of the Brexit debate.
The Brexit-inspired passport covers mean that those Brexiteers who wanted out of the European Union so that they could have blue passports can finally live out their dream at an affordable price.
It will include the message: 'Great Britain and Northern Ireland only.'
Meanwhile, the red covers for Remainers includes a defiant pro-EU message that reads 'still proud to be European'.
'Whether you're a Europhile or a Europhobe, Poundland's got you covered,' Mark Pym, the company's marketing controller, said.
You may also want to watch:
The government announced that blue passports would return in October 2019 after the UK has left the European Union - the 'iconic' colour that was imposed by the League of Nations back in the 1920s.
MORE: Brexit is like being dragged away from a party by two uncool parents says Sara CoxDespite Brexiteers' claims about the EU, red passports is not a stiuplation of being a member. The UK could have had a blue passport - just like Croatia. The new passports sparked controversy amongst Leavers when it was revealed it will be produced by the French.
- 1 Betty Boothroyd delivers scathing assessment of Boris Johnson's government
- 2 Boris Johnson 'plans to resign' in six months because he can't live on £150k salary
- 3 Government told to publish impact assessments for Boris Johnson's 'Narnia' deal with EU
- 4 House of Lords defies No 10 and votes to heavily defeat Boris Johnson's Brexit bill
- 5 Theresa May brands Michael Gove's no-deal Brexit statement 'utter rubbish'
- 6 ERG MP says Boris Johnson should consider cutting ties with Church of England following Brexit row
- 7 Brexiteer admits 'Australia-style deal' term designed to 'pull wool over voters' eyes'
- 8 Remainers blamed for Boris Johnson's inability to secure Brexit deal
- 9 Labour MP calls Dan Wootton a 'complete and utter nutcase' following Covid-19 herd immunity comment
- 10 Diane Abbott accuses Keir Starmer of having 'other motives' while shadow Brexit secretary
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.