All the moments of Boris Johnson being booed, edited into one showreel
- Credit: Archant
A compilation of clips of Boris Johnson being heckled has been updated due to a seemingly inexhaustible supply of content.
When Dominic Cummings told a BBC reporter to "get out of London and talk to people who are not rich Remainers", he may not have anticipated what would happen when the prime minister took this very advice.
A satirical Twitter account, TheIainDuncanSmiths, has edited together all the moments that Johnson met with a less than adoring reception as he reaches out to the electorate.
The combined footage of brief clips - from the man who shook his hand saying "Please leave my town" to the enraged audience member who shouted "Answer the bloody question!" - forms a greatest hits of public revulsion.
The heckling covers a broad range of outrages achieved by the prime minister during his short time in office.
You may also want to watch:
Viewers can watch the prime minister being remonstrated with for his lacklustre response to the floods in the north of England; his support for Tory austerity policies; his broken promises on town funding; his attempt to prorogue parliament; and his last-minute approach to negotiating a Brexit deal. There's also just general booing.
When they are not editing the video titled "Boris Johnson gets out of London and talks to people who are not rich Remainers", the IainDuncanSmiths appear to be filling the very specific niche of re-dubbing Smiths songs with politically themed lyrics.
- 1 Brexit damage already exceeds cost of EU membership
- 2 Be prepared for a 2023 general election
- 3 How to make the Northern Ireland protocol work
- 4 Windrush 2 is looming as Brexit reality bites
- 5 The toxic feud from which there will be no winner
- 6 My very undiplomatic comments about Boris Johnson
- 7 EU drops vote to ratify Brexit deal after Boris Johnson 'violates' agreement
- 8 Macron has a lot to lose... but a whole continent to gain
- 9 Sunlit Uplands: As shellfish war rages, the net closes around George Eustice
- 10 Will Alex Salmond scythe down Nicola Sturgeon and indyref2?
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.