Boris Johnson mocked after announcing he’s joining Snapchat
- Credit: Archant
Boris Johnson has been mocked after announcing he's joining multimedia message platform Snapchat.
The prime minister announced the move with a tweet shortly before he was due to deliver his keynote speech at the Conservative conference in Manchester, saying it would give followers a chance to "see more about what I'm doing as your prime minister".
The prime minister used his first posts on Snapchat to reiterate his priorities, including "get Brexit done", "better hospitals" and "20,000 more police".
Johnson has more than a million followers on his personal Twitter account, nearly 750,000 on Facebook and around 200,000 on Instagram.
The move to join Snapchat will viewed by Tory HQ as an attempt to connect with younger voters.
You may also want to watch:
The app, which has 203 million daily users according to figures released this summer, is perhaps best known for its popular face filters.
"Someone's been having more technology lessons," joked Marc Morris in reference to the Jennifer Arcuri story.
- 1 Piers Morgan and Susanna Reid reject Boris Johnson's coronavirus claim
- 2 Nigel Farage reminded of claim that 'acid test of Brexit' surrounds fishing after clip resurfaces
- 3 Pro-Brexit fishing campaigner says Boris Johnson's deal has left her with 'no fish'
- 4 Sky News presenter says Boris Johnson is 'gaslighting the nation' over Covid claims
- 5 European parliament agrees to add British overseas territories to post-Brexit tax haven blacklist
- 6 SNP MP asks Priti Patel why she has not stood down following UK border comments
- 7 This picture of Boris Johnson on the phone to Joe Biden has caused a stir
- 8 Telegraph columnist blames Angela Merkel for Brexit
- 9 PMQs: Boris Johnson calls for apology from Keir Starmer over coronavirus stances
- 10 Piers Morgan causes hilarity with 'Priti Patel with a brain' jibe
"Katie Hopkins nudes incoming..." scoffed another.
"Is this... a parody account?" responded Emma Whizz.
"Glad he's using his time productively" said Paul Perkins.
"A platform on which anything said/done is erased and forgotten after 24 hours? how on brand. Kudos", said Liam O'Toole.
"Or you can resign and become an Influencer as a full time job" replied Matt Johnson.
"Last thing that app needs is more dick pics" joked Dai Lama.
"Hey Boris, Ellen DeGeneres just called... she wants her avi back" tweeted Jonathan Pie.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.