Boris Johnson mocked after announcing he’s joining Snapchat
- Credit: Archant
Boris Johnson has been mocked after announcing he's joining multimedia message platform Snapchat.
The prime minister announced the move with a tweet shortly before he was due to deliver his keynote speech at the Conservative conference in Manchester, saying it would give followers a chance to "see more about what I'm doing as your prime minister".
The prime minister used his first posts on Snapchat to reiterate his priorities, including "get Brexit done", "better hospitals" and "20,000 more police".
Johnson has more than a million followers on his personal Twitter account, nearly 750,000 on Facebook and around 200,000 on Instagram.
The move to join Snapchat will viewed by Tory HQ as an attempt to connect with younger voters.
You may also want to watch:
The app, which has 203 million daily users according to figures released this summer, is perhaps best known for its popular face filters.
"Someone's been having more technology lessons," joked Marc Morris in reference to the Jennifer Arcuri story.
- 1 Boris Johnson proposes saving United Kingdom with 'Project Love' plan
- 2 The only Brexit export boom is from UK businesses rushing to Europe
- 3 The stench of scandal seeping out from Britain
- 4 Former Brexit secretary 'privately agreed' with Gina Miller's court action over Article 50
- 5 MEPs again refuse to ratify Brexit deal amid concerns No 10 is flouting conditions
- 6 How the vaccines have shifted opinions over Brexit
- 7 PRINCE PHILIP: Why this Danish, Greek, German immigrant epitomised Britain
- 8 Tory candidate under fire after describing Brexit chaos as a 'hiccup'
- 9 Major and Blair were right about Brexit and Northern Ireland
- 10 Government loses bid to block financial services bill amendment in House of Lords
"Katie Hopkins nudes incoming..." scoffed another.
"Is this... a parody account?" responded Emma Whizz.
"Glad he's using his time productively" said Paul Perkins.
"A platform on which anything said/done is erased and forgotten after 24 hours? how on brand. Kudos", said Liam O'Toole.
"Or you can resign and become an Influencer as a full time job" replied Matt Johnson.
"Last thing that app needs is more dick pics" joked Dai Lama.
"Hey Boris, Ellen DeGeneres just called... she wants her avi back" tweeted Jonathan Pie.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.