‘The most David Brent thing ever’: PM roasted for ‘cringe’ Q&A campaign video
- Credit: Archant
The prime minister has been mocked after releasing a Vogue-style question and answer video as part of his election campaign.
Walking though his campaign offices in one take, Boris Johnson answers a number of questions related to how he starts his day, his role as prime minister, and his views on marmite.
One of the most bizarre moments of the Conservative's first election broadcast is where the prime minister says one of his greatest struggles leading the country is not being able to get Thai curry ordered to Downing Street due to security protocol.
READ MORE: Presenter slams Gove for 'not telling the British people' the impact of Brexit dealThe prime minister also says the country is 'going gangbusters' leading the world in many ways, and added the last meal he made himself was steak and oven chips.
Many were shocked to hear the prime minister's favourite bands are the notoriously leftist, progressive punk band The Clash as well as the Rolling Stones.
You may also want to watch:
Responses online to the video were mixed with some saying it was "the most David Brent thing ever", and others saying it "looked like a shit reboot of The Office".
Author, broadcaster and human rights campaigner Yasmin Khan added: "lol to the random brown person they asked to walk past" in an allegation of tokenism.
- 1 Tory MP blames 'chaotic parents' for children going to school hungry
- 2 Boris Johnson 'hid in bedroom' to avoid grilling on Brexit stance days before becoming PM
- 3 Tory MP says policies no longer match 'principles on which millions have backed us'
- 4 George Osborne says it is 'game over' for Boris Johnson over free school meals
- 5 Danny Dyer praised for criticisms of Tory party - pointing out Etonians can't run the country
- 6 UKIP set to select 'Dr Gammons' as candidate for London mayoral election
- 7 Liz Truss' department slammed for false claim about cost of soy sauce after Brexit
- 8 Andy Burnham could have been 'halfway through tenure as PM by now', claims commentator
- 9 Minister sparks concerns about pig semen after Brexit
- 10 Brexiteer in lockdown denial over 49% drop in constituency Covid-19 cases
READ MORE: FULL LIST: The 100 seats which will decide the electionDespite his politics causing some of the most tenuous divides in the country in a generation, the prime minister caused further affray by saying he loves marmite and leaving his tea bag in his mug after making a hot drink.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.