Boris Johnson to spend Christmas on island favoured by millionaires
- Credit: PA
The prime minister will jet off to the private island of Mustique - favoured by the rich and famous.
The Times reported Johnson and Symonds will be staying with the Von Bismark family - who are descended from the first German chancellor Otto Von Bismark - in the new year.
Known for its white-sand beaches, the exclusive island in the archipelago nation of St Vincent and the Grenadines is a favourite of the rich and famous with Rolling Stones singer Mick Jagger owning property on the island.
It is also a favourite of the Royal Family, with the Duke and Duchess of Cornwall having holidayed there as well as Princess Margaret who was gifted land on the island as a wedding present.
She was famously photographed in 1976 with Roddy Llewellyn while still married to Lord Snowden, which caused a major royal scandal.
You may also want to watch:
In recent years, prime ministers have tended to take more low-key holidays with Theresa May enjoying walking holidays in Wales with husband Philip and David Cameron and his family often holidaying in Cornwall.
- 1 The Prime Minister is out of his league
- 2 Can King Louis turn back the clock?
- 3 Empty shelves are partly down to Brexit - but Leavers won't admit it
- 4 The cannabis conundrum
- 5 Party politics will not save us from the Tories - we need drastic action
- 6 Why Germany's Greens failed to rise on floods
- 7 Priti Patel - the poster girl for our poisonous politics
- 8 Has something shifted in sado-populist Britain?
- 9 Would Javid have renamed ICU wards 'Drama Queen Zones'?
- 10 Boris Johnson: The sado-populist prime minister
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.