Letter: Boris is so unsuited for holding public office
- Credit: AAP/PA Images
Alastair Campbell (TNE #90) reminds us of just how extraordinary it is that someone so clearly unsuited to holding public office as Boris Johnson has managed to gain such a strong foothold in politics.
Gary Neville summed it up for me when, following yet another bit of foot-in-mouth idiocy as the foreign secretary suggested we would boycott FIFA World Cup in Russia later this year, he described Johnson as 'a useless fool'.
Sadly, this useless fool has been given one of the most important diplomatic roles in the UK, and is a constant embarrassment to us on the world stage. God help us.
Sorry Alastair, I know you don't 'do God', but we need divine intervention to spare us from any more of Johnson's dangerous uselessness.
Robert Parker, West Bridgford
You may also want to watch:
• Send your letters for publication to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 A lesson from the last of Mainwaring's men
- 2 Scathing report accuses Boris Johnson of 'only caring for England'
- 3 Nick Clegg says EU 'let itself and millions of Europeans' down over Covid vaccine programme
- 4 The stench of scandal seeping out from Britain
- 5 European Council president faces call to resign over 'Sofagate' incident
- 6 How the vaccines have shifted opinions over Brexit
- 7 No 10 rewrote race disparity report, expert claims
- 8 Exports to EU increase in February after record fall
- 9 Sturgeon attacks Westminster decision to refer Holyrood Bills to Supreme Court
- 10 Former chief scientist accuses Boris Johnson of privatising NHS 'by stealth'
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.