Woman calls Boris Johnson an a*****e moments after meeting him
- Credit: ITV
ITV was forced to bleep out a woman's language, when she called Boris Johnson an a*****e just moments after meeting him on a trip to see flooding victims in Doncaster.
Johnson was in the Stainforth area when Julia Keegan, who runs the community centre he was visiting, told reporters "he's an a*****e".
She added that the prime minister had "just come to show his face" adding that she felt he "didn't understand anything".
Another woman told the prime minister: "I'm not very happy about talking to you so, if you don't mind, I'll just mope on with what I'm doing.
"You've not helped us up to press. I don't know what you're here today for."
You may also want to watch:
The report only went out in the Yorkshire region, but was quickly shared on social media with it receiving thousands of likes, retweets and comments.
"The interview at the end here is absolutely devastating," wrote Ian Dunt.
- 1 These are the 322 Tory MPs who voted against extending free school meals to children
- 2 Question Time: Ex-Tory minister accused of making 'sickening' comment about free schools meals row
- 3 Betty Boothroyd delivers scathing assessment of Boris Johnson's government
- 4 Downing Street withholds praise for business and local authorities offering free meals to hungry children
- 5 Priti Patel bullying inquiry may never be released, hints Boris Johnson's new civil service boss
- 6 House of Lords defies No 10 and votes to heavily defeat Boris Johnson's Brexit bill
- 7 Priti Patel set to hand private firms £28 million in government contracts to deport asylum seekers from UK
- 8 At the upcoming US election, Donald Trump really is toast
- 9 Boris Johnson 'plans to resign' in six months because he can't live on £150k salary
- 10 James O'Brien claims Covid-19 crisis exposed how out of touch Boris Johnson's government is with reality
"Out of touch Johnson skewered by good Yorkshire common sense" said Angela Eagle.
Hadley Freeman joked: "This whole clip is satisfying but especially from 1:09. I honestly could watch members of the public being rude to and about Johnson until the end of time and still not get enough".
Alan White tweeted: "I'm just watching the end of this and remembering all the chat during the Tory leadership contest about how Johnson was the only candidate who could connect the party with the general public and, well".
The Doncaster North seat has been held by Labour's Ed Miliband since 2005, he held it at the last election from the Conservative challenger by a majority of 14,000.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.