This woman just ‘perfectly’ summed up Britain’s global reputation right now
- Credit: Archant
A member of the public in Derbyshire has left viewers smiling after she delivering a joke when she was asked for her opinions on Brexit on television.
A Sky News reporter, who had turned up in the bingo in Derbyshire to ask viewers about their opinions on English identity, got more than he bargained for when one person delivered a joke that summed up her views of the political situation.
Viewers applauded the lady for putting a smile on their faces at a time when most vox-pops on news programmes are often seen as divisive.
Turning to the reporter, the elderly woman asked: "Can I just give you a joke?"
"Yeah, go on," responded the Sky man.
You may also want to watch:
Looking serious, the lady continued: "Did you know that Oxo have brought a new cube out for Brexit?"
"Do you know what it's called?"
- 1 Boris Johnson 'plans to resign' in six months because he can't live on £150k salary
- 2 Remainers blamed for Boris Johnson's inability to secure Brexit deal
- 3 Leaked government dossier warns of army street patrols if second Covid-19 wave and no-deal Brexit hit UK at same time
- 4 Government told to publish impact assessments for Boris Johnson's 'Narnia' deal with EU
- 5 Brexiteer admits 'Australia-style deal' term designed to 'pull wool over voters' eyes'
- 6 Betty Boothroyd delivers scathing assessment of Boris Johnson's government
- 7 Nicola Sturgeon, Jacinda Adern and Angela Merkel in top 5 of world’s most eloquent leaders
- 8 Minister finally concedes 'Australia-style deal' is a no-deal Brexit
- 9 Michael Gove challenged over remarks UK 'holds all the cards' in Brexit talks
- 10 Boris Johnson told to apologise for incompetence in delivering his 'oven-ready' Brexit deal
The reporter humoured her asking what it was called.
"Laughing stock" she said, turning away as he laughed.
As the clip went out on All Out Politics viewers appeared tickled by her put down of the political situation for "perfectly" summing up Britain's global reputation right now.
"Boom!" tweeted one, while another said "make that woman PM straight away".
"This nan let them walk right into it. Brilliant," said Twitter user @gfrancie.
Susanne Young retweeted the video, adding: "Love this lady and the twinkle in her eye."
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.