This woman just ‘perfectly’ summed up Britain’s global reputation right now
- Credit: Archant
A member of the public in Derbyshire has left viewers smiling after she delivering a joke when she was asked for her opinions on Brexit on television.
A Sky News reporter, who had turned up in the bingo in Derbyshire to ask viewers about their opinions on English identity, got more than he bargained for when one person delivered a joke that summed up her views of the political situation.
Viewers applauded the lady for putting a smile on their faces at a time when most vox-pops on news programmes are often seen as divisive.
Turning to the reporter, the elderly woman asked: "Can I just give you a joke?"
"Yeah, go on," responded the Sky man.
You may also want to watch:
Looking serious, the lady continued: "Did you know that Oxo have brought a new cube out for Brexit?"
"Do you know what it's called?"
- 1 The greatest failure of government in our lifetime
- 2 The bigot we should have called out on day one
- 3 The polling that signals the plight of the Union
- 4 Boris Johnson claims Labour supporters using Universal Credit vote to incite hatred
- 5 Matt Hancock praises free school meals before being reminded he voted against them
- 6 Brexiteer MP ridiculed after calling for free movement of goods between GB and NI
- 7 Brexiteer says he'd never have voted for Brexit 'if we knew we'd lose our jobs'
- 8 Dominic Raab 'not convinced' collapse of fishing businesses would be result of Brexit deal
- 9 James O'Brien schools Brexiteer who refuses to accept new EU-UK trade rules
- 10 Leave EU website suspended after EU registry blocks move to Ireland
The reporter humoured her asking what it was called.
"Laughing stock" she said, turning away as he laughed.
As the clip went out on All Out Politics viewers appeared tickled by her put down of the political situation for "perfectly" summing up Britain's global reputation right now.
"Boom!" tweeted one, while another said "make that woman PM straight away".
"This nan let them walk right into it. Brilliant," said Twitter user @gfrancie.
Susanne Young retweeted the video, adding: "Love this lady and the twinkle in her eye."
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.