This woman just ‘perfectly’ summed up Britain’s global reputation right now
- Credit: Archant
A member of the public in Derbyshire has left viewers smiling after she delivering a joke when she was asked for her opinions on Brexit on television.
A Sky News reporter, who had turned up in the bingo in Derbyshire to ask viewers about their opinions on English identity, got more than he bargained for when one person delivered a joke that summed up her views of the political situation.
Viewers applauded the lady for putting a smile on their faces at a time when most vox-pops on news programmes are often seen as divisive.
Turning to the reporter, the elderly woman asked: "Can I just give you a joke?"
"Yeah, go on," responded the Sky man.
You may also want to watch:
Looking serious, the lady continued: "Did you know that Oxo have brought a new cube out for Brexit?"
"Do you know what it's called?"
- 1 The true cost of Brexit is becoming clearer
- 2 Where the fires of Brexit still burn fiercest
- 3 Be careful what you wish for... voting reform could kill Labour
- 4 Boris Johnson's awkward moment with the Queen
- 5 PMQs: Ian Blackford drops truth bomb over post-Brexit trade deal with Australia
- 6 Amazon order shows how we're all paying the price for Brexit
- 7 MATT FREI: Brexit posed a question... and we haven't even begun to answer it
- 8 Brexiteers propose return of imperial measurements in report on reducing 'red tape'
- 9 Why have Remainers gone so quiet?
- 10 How the Kominsky Method grapples with growing old
The reporter humoured her asking what it was called.
"Laughing stock" she said, turning away as he laughed.
As the clip went out on All Out Politics viewers appeared tickled by her put down of the political situation for "perfectly" summing up Britain's global reputation right now.
"Boom!" tweeted one, while another said "make that woman PM straight away".
"This nan let them walk right into it. Brilliant," said Twitter user @gfrancie.
Susanne Young retweeted the video, adding: "Love this lady and the twinkle in her eye."
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.