Brexit Party candidate called for Muslims to lose UK citizenship
- Credit: Archant
Social media posts by a candidate for the Brexit Party have been revealed by an anti-hate group who say the candidate has been stoking hostility to immigrants.
Rosamund Beattie shared messages from Islamophobobes and highlighted calls for a ban on Muslim immigration.
The Brexit Party candidate for Ealing Southall, which has a large Muslim population, shared comments from the Dutch far right leader Geert Wilders which called for Muslims to move from the West to "Islamic nations".
She also wrote that the UK should remove the citizenship of Muslims and "intern and deport the threats to our lives and lifestyle".
The posts were exposed by Hope Not Hate who said they were an indication of Nigel Farage's "nasty politics".
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the organisation said: "[Beattie's] social media history clearly shows that she has endorsed and promoted crude anti-Muslim racism, and stoked hostility to immigrants … it shows exactly what [the party] think of the people who live in the constituency."
Beattie, who backed banning the burka, made the posts during the 2017 general election when she was running for UKIP in West Ham.
- 1 Susanna Reid takes on Priti Patel over government's gaslighting of public on coronavirus
- 2 Tory minister admits UK rejected EU's music visa offer in order to 'take back control' of borders
- 3 Brexiteer musician accused of hypocrisy after demanding No 10 help bands with EU visa
- 4 PMQs: Ben Bradshaw calls out Boris Johnson over Brexit lies
- 5 ‘Don’t haste ye back’ - Nicola Sturgeon's perfect farewell message to Donald Trump
- 6 Piers Morgan calls on Priti Patel to resign over missing crime records fiasco
- 7 Tory MPs vote down Lords bid to protect NHS from post-Brexit trade deals
- 8 9 of the best tweets of Donald Trump leaving the White House
- 9 Boris Johnson narrowly avoids defeat over vote on trade deals with genocidal regimes
- 10 Priti Patel fails to appear in Commons to answer questions on missing police records
She also advocated the 'internment' of Muslim terror suspects and referenced the 'halal-style slaughter' of Britons in the London Bridge terror attack.
READ MORE: Tory hopeful caught 'blatantly' staging door-knock interview with friend in fake news scandal
READ MORE: Nicky Morgan laughed at as presenters slam 50,000 more nurses Tory manifesto 'deceit'One message she shared to her Facebook page from an apparent Brexit Party supporter called David Jones, said: "Pointless speech by [Theresa] May — nothing on stopping jihadis returning, closing down radical mosques or banning muslim migration."
According to the Evening Standard, news reports indicated that 'David Jones' could have been paid by the Russian government in a disinformation campaign."
A Brexit Party spokesman replying to the comments said: "Hope Not Hate has been calling Nigel names for years now. We won't be commenting on them."
Her Facebook and Twitter pages have been taken down.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.