Brexiteer mocks People’s Vote protests a day after just a dozen attend ‘Save Brexit’ rally
- Credit: PA
While People's Vote campaigners prepare for one of the biggest political protests in over a decade just a dozen turned out for a 'Save Brexit' protest in London.
The pro-Brexit protesters were chanting 'bin the backstop' outside Downing Street as the urged Theresa May to 'chuck Chequers'.
Amazingly the protest of just a dozen people received coverage on the major news channels.
One protester told the BBC: 'She's wasted time, we just have to get out and get out now.'
Another said: 'We want the government finally to save Brexit because it is all a mess.'
You may also want to watch:
The event comes ahead of the People's Vote March in London which will be the biggest march against Brexit yet - and one of the biggest protests in London in over a decade.
Despite the small numbers at the pro-Brexit protest, Tory MP and Brexiteer Peter Bone attacked the People's Vote march as a 'waste of time' driven by a 'very small group of hard-line Remainers.'
- 1 Brexiteer Prue Leith quits Tory Party after government votes down motion to protect UK food standards
- 2 Public slams Brexit Party tweet which shames Tory MPs who voted against free school meals
- 3 Piers Morgan must expose the government's Brexit betrayal
- 4 Group in protest against Tory MPs who voted down free school meals targets offices with empty plates
- 5 Peers set to remove law-breaking sections of Boris Johnson's Brexit bill
- 6 Tory minister blames journalists for NHS Test and Trace failure as he defends Dido Harding
- 7 Michel Barnier postpones Brussels return as Brexit trade talks in London continue
- 8 Brexit shambles: A stress of our own making
- 9 Priti Patel set to hand private firms £28 million in government contracts to deport asylum seekers from UK
- 10 Boris Johnson and Priti Patel urged to end 'attacks' on lawyers in letter by 800 legal professionals
If he hasn't yet eaten his words over his own group's latest publicity stunt, he will have by Saturday...
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.