‘In my eyes we’ve left’ - Brexiteer believes we’ve already left EU
- Credit: Archant
A Brexiteer has been mocked for claiming on television news that we have already left the European Union.
Speaking on Sky News the leaver was asked about the fact that the United Kingdom had not left the European Union on the planned date of March 29th.
But the buoyant Brexiteer told the reporter: '29th of March should have been the day we leave, and in my eyes we've left'.
A somewhat bemused reporter bluntly pointed out that 'it's not and you haven't.'
But he quickly responded: 'So what? In my eyes, we have!'
You may also want to watch:
The Brexiteer added that March 29th remained 'independence day' and he was 'going to celebrate it next year, and the year after.'
The clip was picked up by US television presenter John Oliver who said he now found a solution to Brexit.
- 1 Brexiteer Prue Leith quits Tory Party after government votes down motion to protect UK food standards
- 2 Piers Morgan must expose the government's Brexit betrayal
- 3 Public slams Brexit Party tweet which shames Tory MPs who voted against free school meals
- 4 Peers set to remove law-breaking sections of Boris Johnson's Brexit bill
- 5 Group in protest against Tory MPs who voted down free school meals targets offices with empty plates
- 6 Tory minister blames journalists for NHS Test and Trace failure as he defends Dido Harding
- 7 Michel Barnier postpones Brussels return as Brexit trade talks in London continue
- 8 James Cleverly mocked after telling people to 'look at how they're doing in Wales'
- 9 Dido Harding is struggling to defend the indefensible
- 10 Brexit shambles: A stress of our own making
He said: 'If all that matters to Brexit supporters is what happens in their eyes, we may have just found a solution.
'Cancel Brexit, but allow everyone to say it happened, if it makes them feel better. That way no devastating economic consequences, and Brexit supporters get to live happily every after in their own personal United Kingdom of the imagination!'
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.