Brexiteer says Boris Johnson is too close to Macron to deliver EU exit
- Credit: Archant
Boris Johnson will fail to deliver Brexit because he is 'in with Macron', according to an irate LBC caller.
Karen, who called into Shelagh Fogarty's show, said she wouldn't vote for the Conservatives in the general election after seeing Johnson being "pally pally" with other world leaders during the Nato summit at Buckingham Palace.
With no Brexit Party candidates standing in her constituency, Karen added it was not worth voting at all.
She said: "Labour doesn't agree with Brexit and I don't think Boris will do the Brexit that I want.
"I don't trust him to be honest. He was standing there (at Buckingham Palace) with Macron and the others and I don't think he's going to do Brexit.
You may also want to watch:
"He's in with all the top people, so he's not going to do it properly."
Fogarty, who was visibly taken aback by Karen's comments, asked what Johnson was expected to do instead of talking to leaders including Emmanuel Macron and Justin Trudeau.
- 1 Tory minister admits UK rejected EU's music visa offer in order to 'take back control' of borders
- 2 Priti Patel fails to appear in Commons to answer questions on missing police records
- 3 Susanna Reid takes on Priti Patel over government's gaslighting of public on coronavirus
- 4 Iain Duncan Smith defends calling Donald Trump 'a decent man'
- 5 Kwasi Kwarteng confirms post-Brexit review of workers' rights
- 6 The bigot we should have called out on day one
- 7 Bob Geldof vindicated over pro-EU fishing stunt, suggests broadcaster
- 8 Leave EU website suspended after EU registry blocks move to Ireland
- 9 Brexiteer MP criticised after suggesting No 10 should break Northern Ireland Protocol
- 10 Senior Tories plan rebellion to back genocide clause to the Trade Bill
"He's the prime minister. He was at a summit - he's bound to speak to them," said Fogarty.
"He's got to speak to them - it's his job. What do you want him to do - swan around punching people at the palace because he's going to deliver Brexit?"
But Karen said Johnson's body language proved Brexit will be "wishy washy", instead of the deal "every day people want".
The caller then vented her frustrations over the EU, adding: "Why are we governed by these people? We give all our money to them and where does that money go?
"People went out and voted for Brexit two-and-a-half years ago and we haven't got it. What is the rest of the world thinking?"
Despite Karen's conclusion, Johnson's interaction with Macron, Trudeau and Princess Anne at the Nato summit has been making headlines for different reasons.
Footage appears to show the world leaders joking about Donald Trump, although it is not known who they are talking about during the exchange.