Brexiteers warn they have a new bus ready for a second referendum
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Brexiteers have warned they are ready for a People's Vote - and they have a new battlebus ready to tour the country.
Leavers appear to have conceded that a fresh referendum is now the most likely option if Theresa May's deal fails in the House of Commons in December.
Now they are already recruiting volunteers and seeking funding to help with a fresh EU referendum battle.
Richard Tice, a founder behind the Leave Means Leave group, told the Express: 'The worst-case scenario for us is a second referendum but if it comes we are going to be ready for it.
'We've got 1,000 volunteers signed up and ready to go.
You may also want to watch:
'We've raised a useful slug of money. We'll need it if it comes to it.'
They have also warned that there will be a new battlebus ready to campaign around the country if a fresh referendum is triggered.
The infamous red bus in the June 2016 EU referendum campaign was widely remembered for its claim that £350m given to the EU each week could be given to the NHS - a claim that Vote Leave strategists believe helped them win the vote.
A recent study found that nearly half of the country still believes the message used on the red bus despite it being discredited by the chairman of the UK Statistics Authority.
- 1 US election result could spark 'end of Brexit', claims peer
- 2 STAR TURNS: Bond star haunted by school tragedy
- 3 Brexiteer says EU 'spiteful' to end fast-track lanes for Brits after Brexit
- 4 Boris Johnson appears to forget son’s age when asked during visit to Northern Ireland
- 5 Brexit shambles: A stress of our own making
- 6 Boris Johnson 'hid in bedroom' to avoid grilling on Brexit stance days before becoming PM
- 7 Boris Johnson warned majority will be 'wiped out' over treatment towards north of England
- 8 Nigel Farage places £10,000 bet on Donald Trump to win second White House term
- 9 'Assorted caviar' and 'board games' - Gifts confiscated from Boris Johnson due to anti-corruption laws
- 10 Tory MP blames 'chaotic parents' for children going to school hungry
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.