Brexiteers warn they have a new bus ready for a second referendum
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Brexiteers have warned they are ready for a People's Vote - and they have a new battlebus ready to tour the country.
Leavers appear to have conceded that a fresh referendum is now the most likely option if Theresa May's deal fails in the House of Commons in December.
Now they are already recruiting volunteers and seeking funding to help with a fresh EU referendum battle.
Richard Tice, a founder behind the Leave Means Leave group, told the Express: 'The worst-case scenario for us is a second referendum but if it comes we are going to be ready for it.
'We've got 1,000 volunteers signed up and ready to go.
You may also want to watch:
'We've raised a useful slug of money. We'll need it if it comes to it.'
They have also warned that there will be a new battlebus ready to campaign around the country if a fresh referendum is triggered.
The infamous red bus in the June 2016 EU referendum campaign was widely remembered for its claim that £350m given to the EU each week could be given to the NHS - a claim that Vote Leave strategists believe helped them win the vote.
A recent study found that nearly half of the country still believes the message used on the red bus despite it being discredited by the chairman of the UK Statistics Authority.
- 1 Nigel Farage loses nearly 50,000 followers after Twitter suspends QAnon accounts
- 2 Tory minister admits UK rejected EU's music visa offer in order to 'take back control' of borders
- 3 Former Brexit Party MEP dies in diving accident in the Bahamas
- 4 Bob Geldof takes swipe at No 10 saying 'lying is second nature' to them
- 5 Progressive alliance could see Labour win 351 seats at next election, new analysis reveals
- 6 The greatest failure of government in our lifetime
- 7 Boris Johnson blames seafood companies for post-Brexit sales slump
- 8 Jacob Rees-Mogg says it's 'all the EU's fault' musicians can't tour Europe
- 9 Priti Patel fails to appear in Commons to answer questions on missing police records
- 10 The bigot we should have called out on day one
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.