Brexit Party candidate angered after bags of dog poo left on his doorstep
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
A Brexit Party candidate has complained after bags of dog excrement was repeatedly left on his doorstep.
Graham Cushway turned to his local newspaper the Argus after the Brighton Kempton politician complained he had become a "victim of intimidation" after announcing his plans to stand in the local area.
The Brexiteer told the newspaper: "About a week ago I had 'Tory scum' written on the front window of my abode in the dirt there".
He continued to explain: "Since that time I also have also had dog excrement repeatedly thrown on to my front porch and somebody has also been coming by and stamped on it."
"With the graffiti I crossed out 'Tory' in favour of 'Brexit Party' and added the words 'get it right'.
You may also want to watch:
"However the dog excrement business is continuing."
However Cushway said his experience as a soldier meant he was "not easily threatened".
- 1 Piers Morgan and Susanna Reid reject Boris Johnson's coronavirus claim
- 2 Nigel Farage reminded of claim that 'acid test of Brexit' surrounds fishing after clip resurfaces
- 3 Pro-Brexit fishing campaigner says Boris Johnson's deal has left her with 'no fish'
- 4 Sky News presenter says Boris Johnson is 'gaslighting the nation' over Covid claims
- 5 European parliament agrees to add British overseas territories to post-Brexit tax haven blacklist
- 6 SNP MP asks Priti Patel why she has not stood down following UK border comments
- 7 This picture of Boris Johnson on the phone to Joe Biden has caused a stir
- 8 Telegraph columnist blames Angela Merkel for Brexit
- 9 PMQs: Boris Johnson calls for apology from Keir Starmer over coronavirus stances
- 10 Piers Morgan causes hilarity with 'Priti Patel with a brain' jibe
"This is a fairly futile exercise. I did six years in Iraq including being in Fallujah for the Third Battle of Fallujah.
"I was then moved to Baghdad to participate in The Surge there, and was later in the country for the invasion by the Islamic State."
Brexiteer Cushway was once in a metal band called Stuka Squadron - named after the German luftwaffe.
According to its Twitter biography, the music group claims it is the "greatest metal act consisting entirely of undead pilots of the Luftwaffe the world has ever seen", but in another online description had to add it shared "no affiliation or beliefs with the white supremacy movement".
- Cushway is standing against Labour MP Lloyd Russell-Moyle, Brighton and Hove mayor Alex Phillips for the Greens, and Conservative councillor Joe Miller.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.