Busy, Michael? Gove sparks confusion with Game of Thrones quiz tweet
Michael Gove has left Twitter users incredulous after sharing results from an online quiz about TV show Game Of Thrones on his official Twitter account.
The tweet, sent at 11.20am today, left many Twitter users asking why the secretary of state for the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) was not using his account and his time for government business.
The official account for Brexit campaign group Leave.EU tweeted: "Brexit is being sold out and one of the few so-called Brexiteers left in Cabinet is pissing about on a Game Of Thrones quiz.
"Pretty much sums up the total incompetence of this entire administration."
"Meanwhile in other news..." wrote shadow secretary for education Angela Rayner, and Conservative MP Ed Vaizey simply tweeted an exclamation mark in reaction.
You may also want to watch:
"I got Tyrion Lannister!" reads the link in Gove's tweet from the online quiz Who's Your Game Of Thrones Soulmate?"
-- Michael Gove (@michaelgove) November 21, 2018
Tyrion Lannister is the diminutive younger brother in the powerful Lannister family, renowned for being a persuasive diplomat and alcoholic womaniser.
- 1 Piers Morgan and Susanna Reid reject Boris Johnson's coronavirus claim
- 2 Sky News presenter says Boris Johnson is 'gaslighting the nation' over Covid claims
- 3 Nigel Farage reminded of claim that 'acid test of Brexit' surrounds fishing after clip resurfaces
- 4 Home Office launches voluntary repatriation scheme for EU nationals
- 5 PMQs: Boris Johnson calls for apology from Keir Starmer over coronavirus stances
- 6 Pro-Brexit fishing campaigner says Boris Johnson's deal has left her with 'no fish'
- 7 Brussels politician says Boris Johnson should 'pay for EU workers to stay' in UK
- 8 Jeremy Corbyn loses bid to release Labour documents ahead of High Court battle
- 9 Boris Johnson is the 'worst PM' and should resign, says Alastair Campbell
- 10 Michael Gove claims Boris Johnson is a 'huge asset' to Scotland
"Many have judged this storied and tortured man by his stature - but hopefully you are not one to jump to conclusions!" reads the quiz results page.
One question asks what the user's "leadership style" would be if they were to get involved in politics.
The potential answers include "pulling strings behind the scenes", "shoot first, ask questions later", "honesty at all costs", "let someone else do the heavy lifting", or "get my enemies drunk enough to give me what I want".
Other questions include how the the quiz taker behaves "when you like someone", what traits they find most attractive and what their "ideal first date" might be.
Gove did not respond to requests for comment or questions about how he answered the quiz.
Defra declined to comment as the matter was not related to department business.
The tweet sparked conversation online about which Game Of Thrones character is most similar to Gove.
No, I think your 'Game of Thrones soulmate' is Joffrey. Full of bravado and self promotion, but missing in battle when needed.
-- Paul (@PaulDroop) November 21, 2018
One Twitter user compared the former Vote Leave leader to the young king Joffrey: "Full of bravado and self promotion, but missing in battle when needed."
Imagined you'd be more Littlefinger's type; manipulative, desperate for power and will stab your mates in the back to get it
-- Adam Cornett (@AdamJCornett) November 21, 2018
Another tweeted: "Imagined you'd be more Littlefinger's type; manipulative, desperate for power and will stab your mates in the back to get it."
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.