Boris Johnson is to become a father again
- Credit: PA
Boris Johnson and Carrie Symonds have announced that they are expecting a baby in the early summer and that they have got engaged.
It will be at least the sixth child with three different women, and comes days after a divorced settlement was agreed with Johnson's second wife.
Johnson had his first four children with estranged wife Marina Wheeler. He also had a love child during an affair with property developer Helen Macintyre.
He refused to answer how many children he fathers during questions about his personal life in the general election campaign.
Questions have been asked about the whereabouts of Johnson's partner Symonds in recent weeks. She had been keeping a low profile since the general election result.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for the couple said: "The prime minister and Miss Symonds are very pleased to announce their engagement and that they are expecting a baby in the early summer."
- 1 PMQs: Commons speaker reprimands Boris Johnson over Greensill response
- 2 MEPs again refuse to ratify Brexit deal amid concerns No 10 is flouting conditions
- 3 Tory anger as Labour to hold vote on establishing committee to investigate cronyism
- 4 A lesson from the last of Mainwaring's men
- 5 Tory government 'doesn't think it has to be abide by rules', says former civil servant
- 6 Tory MPs vote down proposal for parliamentary inquiry into Greensill scandal
- 7 David Cameron 'only sorry he got caught', MPs told
- 8 The stench of scandal seeping out from Britain
- 9 How the vaccines have shifted opinions over Brexit
- 10 Nick Clegg says EU 'let itself and millions of Europeans' down over Covid vaccine programme
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.