Boris Johnson is to become a father again
- Credit: PA
Boris Johnson and Carrie Symonds have announced that they are expecting a baby in the early summer and that they have got engaged.
It will be at least the sixth child with three different women, and comes days after a divorced settlement was agreed with Johnson's second wife.
Johnson had his first four children with estranged wife Marina Wheeler. He also had a love child during an affair with property developer Helen Macintyre.
He refused to answer how many children he fathers during questions about his personal life in the general election campaign.
Questions have been asked about the whereabouts of Johnson's partner Symonds in recent weeks. She had been keeping a low profile since the general election result.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for the couple said: "The prime minister and Miss Symonds are very pleased to announce their engagement and that they are expecting a baby in the early summer."
- 1 Who's on the BBC's Question Time tonight?
- 2 US election result could spark 'end of Brexit', claims peer
- 3 'Assorted caviar' and 'board games' - Gifts confiscated from Boris Johnson due to anti-corruption laws
- 4 Minister self-isolates just a day after being spotted flouting mask rules
- 5 Tory minister's claim over free school meals funding gets quickly debunked
- 6 MANDRAKE: Chilling news for Telegraph bosses
- 7 Farage says he can dodge US travel ban because he's a 'journalist'
- 8 Poll puts Labour on highest level of support since 2014
- 9 Question Time: Tory minister told 'diverse' cabinet doesn't erase race issues in party
- 10 Tory MP blames 'chaotic parents' for children going to school hungry
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.