Tory ‘get Brexit done’ bus breaks down leaving party stranded on housing estate
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The Conservative Party election battlebus has broken down, leaving the party on a housing estate.
Journalists and Tory staffers were stuck at the new development in Bedford on the "Get Brexit Done" bus for around 45 minutes because of a fault with the electric wing mirror.
The driver eventually fixed the problem on the Mercedes-Benz Tourismo coach, which was unveiled by the prime minister at an event last week.
Boris Johnson was not on board at the time, having travelled by train to the housing development in Wixams, Bedford, earlier on Thursday.
The coach is used to transport travelling journalists, Conservative Party staff and occasionally Johnson and his inner circle on the general election campaign trail.
You may also want to watch:
Twitter reacted in a typical fashion to the news...
- 1 This chumocracy is costing our country
- 2 Nigel Farage loses nearly 50,000 followers after Twitter suspends QAnon accounts
- 3 Fifteen ways to fix Britain
- 4 Michel Barnier tells UK to be 'very careful' in Brexit diplomatic status row
- 5 Bob Geldof takes swipe at No 10 saying 'lying is second nature' to them
- 6 Independent SAGE adviser gives scathing assessment of Priti Patel's £800 Covid fines
- 7 Jacob Rees-Mogg says it's 'all the EU's fault' musicians can't tour Europe
- 8 Tory minister admits UK rejected EU's music visa offer in order to 'take back control' of borders
- 9 George Osborne hopes for Brexit dividend
- 10 Piers Morgan tells Gavin Williamson to resign for being a 'catastrophe'
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.