Lord Buckethead becomes latest political figure to call for tactical voting
- Credit: Archant
Lord Buckethead - the joke candidate who stood against Theresa May at the last election - is calling on 'so called novelty candidates' to encourage tactical voting.
Buckethead, who is standing as Count Binface in Boris Johnson's constituency, said there were "there are some things more important than electing an intergalactic space lord to parliament".
In a "party political broadcast" issued on his social media accounts, he urged those in Uxbridge to vote for the candidate best placed to unseat Boris Johnson rather than backing himself.
Wearing his infamous outfit, which he wore to stand on stage next to Theresa May in 2017, he called on "novelty candidates" to join him in encouraging people to vote tactically.
"Join me in endorsing the candidate with the best chance of beating Boris Johnson. In Uxbridge and South Ruislip that candidate is Ali Milani".
You may also want to watch:
He told viewers of the video: "Vote tactically on December 12th".
Buckethead follows calls from pro-EU groups for the Lib Dems to pull out of the race in Uxbridge to back the Labour candidate to 'boot out Boris'.
In a letter to The New European another candidate who is running against Boris Johnson said he did not want any votes.
- 1 Brexiteer Prue Leith quits Tory Party after government votes down motion to protect UK food standards
- 2 Public slams Brexit Party tweet which shames Tory MPs who voted against free school meals
- 3 Brexit shambles: A stress of our own making
- 4 Group in protest against Tory MPs who voted down free school meals targets offices with empty plates
- 5 Tory minister blames journalists for NHS Test and Trace failure as he defends Dido Harding
- 6 Priti Patel set to hand private firms £28 million in government contracts to deport asylum seekers from UK
- 7 Michel Barnier postpones Brussels return as Brexit trade talks in London continue
- 8 These are the 322 Tory MPs who voted against extending free school meals to children
- 9 Betty Boothroyd delivers scathing assessment of Boris Johnson's government
- 10 Boris Johnson and Priti Patel urged to end 'attacks' on lawyers in letter by 800 legal professionals
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.