Green sees red as he brands Remain campaigner ‘the biggest w*nker’
- Credit: PA
Tory MP and former deputy to Theresa May was filmed calling an anti-Brexit campaigner a 'w*nker' after a live television interview.
Damian Green, the Tory MP for Ashford, lost his temper after EU campaigner Steve Bray shouted anti-Brexit messages behind the politician during live television interviews.
Bray has become a well-known campaigner for appearing behind television interviews on College Green every day.
The exchange between the pair was filmed by the campaigner and uploaded to social media.
In the video Bray asks: 'Hello, can I ask you how you're feeling about the vote yesterday?'
You may also want to watch:
The angry Tory MP replies: 'No, you can't because you've just tried to shout over an interview I've done like you do everyone else.'
'I didn't, I was singing,' insisted Bray.
- 1 Boris Johnson 'plans to resign' in six months because he can't live on £150k salary
- 2 Remainers blamed for Boris Johnson's inability to secure Brexit deal
- 3 Leaked government dossier warns of army street patrols if second Covid-19 wave and no-deal Brexit hit UK at same time
- 4 Government told to publish impact assessments for Boris Johnson's 'Narnia' deal with EU
- 5 Brexiteer admits 'Australia-style deal' term designed to 'pull wool over voters' eyes'
- 6 Betty Boothroyd delivers scathing assessment of Boris Johnson's government
- 7 Nicola Sturgeon, Jacinda Adern and Angela Merkel in top 5 of world’s most eloquent leaders
- 8 Minister finally concedes 'Australia-style deal' is a no-deal Brexit
- 9 Michael Gove challenged over remarks UK 'holds all the cards' in Brexit talks
- 10 Boris Johnson told to apologise for incompetence in delivering his 'oven-ready' Brexit deal
Green, however, saw red by telling the Remainer: 'In a competitive field, you are the biggest w*nker.'
Bray did not rise to Green's abusive language: 'Oh hello. Is that a bit of abuse this morning? You're not having a good day then, sir. You just called me a w***er.'
Green claimed it was a 'piece of analysis' and a 'piece of political analysis, which I stand by.'
In a further exchange later he said he was withdrawing his remarks, and instead said Bray was a 'bully' and 'narcissist'.
Damian Green as sacked after admitting he lied about the presence of pornographic material on his work computer.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.