Green sees red as he brands Remain campaigner ‘the biggest w*nker’
- Credit: PA
Tory MP and former deputy to Theresa May was filmed calling an anti-Brexit campaigner a 'w*nker' after a live television interview.
Damian Green, the Tory MP for Ashford, lost his temper after EU campaigner Steve Bray shouted anti-Brexit messages behind the politician during live television interviews.
Bray has become a well-known campaigner for appearing behind television interviews on College Green every day.
The exchange between the pair was filmed by the campaigner and uploaded to social media.
In the video Bray asks: 'Hello, can I ask you how you're feeling about the vote yesterday?'
You may also want to watch:
The angry Tory MP replies: 'No, you can't because you've just tried to shout over an interview I've done like you do everyone else.'
'I didn't, I was singing,' insisted Bray.
- 1 Brexit regret: Meet the Leave voters who wish they hadn't voted Leave
- 2 Boris Johnson vows action over 'absurd' post-Brexit trading arrangements
- 3 Why everyone in rents in Germany
- 4 Government scraps Brexit permits to enter Kent
- 5 Poll: Laurence Fox in joint last place with Count Binface in race for London mayor
- 6 Opposition parties push for probe into Boris Johnson's conduct following viral video
- 7 Boris Johnson challenged over 'honesty and integrity' of Jennifer Arcuri claims
- 8 British fisherman expresses regret over Brexit vote on Danish TV
- 9 Plan for White House-style briefings axed despite £2.6m spend on media room
- 10 Johnny Mercer 'sacked' by No 10 after speculation he intended to resign
Green, however, saw red by telling the Remainer: 'In a competitive field, you are the biggest w*nker.'
Bray did not rise to Green's abusive language: 'Oh hello. Is that a bit of abuse this morning? You're not having a good day then, sir. You just called me a w***er.'
Green claimed it was a 'piece of analysis' and a 'piece of political analysis, which I stand by.'
In a further exchange later he said he was withdrawing his remarks, and instead said Bray was a 'bully' and 'narcissist'.
Damian Green as sacked after admitting he lied about the presence of pornographic material on his work computer.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.