Green sees red as he brands Remain campaigner ‘the biggest w*nker’
- Credit: PA
Tory MP and former deputy to Theresa May was filmed calling an anti-Brexit campaigner a 'w*nker' after a live television interview.
Damian Green, the Tory MP for Ashford, lost his temper after EU campaigner Steve Bray shouted anti-Brexit messages behind the politician during live television interviews.
Bray has become a well-known campaigner for appearing behind television interviews on College Green every day.
The exchange between the pair was filmed by the campaigner and uploaded to social media.
In the video Bray asks: 'Hello, can I ask you how you're feeling about the vote yesterday?'
You may also want to watch:
The angry Tory MP replies: 'No, you can't because you've just tried to shout over an interview I've done like you do everyone else.'
'I didn't, I was singing,' insisted Bray.
- 1 Michael Gove asked FIVE TIMES to explain what a 'substantial meal' is
- 2 BBC presenter attracts complaints after calling Brexiteers 'headbangers, zealots and quislings'
- 3 Michael Gove accused of going 'full Trump' after attacking Good Morning Britain's ratings
- 4 British expats seethe at post-Brexit travel restrictions
- 5 Keir Starmer mocks Tory heckler who said he was speaking in 'hindsight' with prediction
- 6 Brexiteer claims it will be '25 years' before UK gets sovereignty back
- 7 Netherlands causes hilarity with use of Brexit 'monster' to issue warning to citizens
- 8 Brexiteer mocked after dreaming up term to describe Britain's Covid vaccination programme
- 9 Scotland should 'aim to rejoin EU in full' after Brexit, SNP told
- 10 Michael Gove tells Piers Morgan boycotting GMB had been 'good advice'
Green, however, saw red by telling the Remainer: 'In a competitive field, you are the biggest w*nker.'
Bray did not rise to Green's abusive language: 'Oh hello. Is that a bit of abuse this morning? You're not having a good day then, sir. You just called me a w***er.'
Green claimed it was a 'piece of analysis' and a 'piece of political analysis, which I stand by.'
In a further exchange later he said he was withdrawing his remarks, and instead said Bray was a 'bully' and 'narcissist'.
Damian Green as sacked after admitting he lied about the presence of pornographic material on his work computer.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.