Brexit Party candidate refers to immigrants as ‘gimme-grunts’ in incendiary tweet
- Credit: The Brexit Party
A Brexit Party parliamentary candidate has used Twitter to spread worrying views about Muslims, slavery and immigrants.
The party's candidate for Stoke North, Daniel Rudd, has also called a local campaigner who has shared Islamophobic social media posts a "super star".
Rudd, whose current Twitter account dates back to August 2019, referred to immigrants as "gimme-grunts" in a retweet on September 24 criticising Jeremy Corbyn's policies on freedom of movement.
In the tweet he also suggested that extended freedom of movement is not consistent with love of country.
The tweet reads: "Why does Corbyn hate his country soo much? He's prepared to let any gimme-grunt in to here in order just to get into No10."
You may also want to watch:
In the social media posts which were found by anti- far right organisation Hope Not Hate, he also has some caveats in his opposition to slavery.
Rudd retweeted a post arguing against reparations and adding: "I don't agree with [slavery] by any means but, they were essentially a commodity for sale by their own kind to the highest bidder."
- 1 Crisis in the unpicked fruit fields shows Brexit is rotten
- 2 Why Australian trade deal could complicate future post-Brexit agreements
- 3 A furious Hoyle accuses government of misleading the House
- 4 Brexiteers propose return of imperial measurements in report on reducing 'red tape'
- 5 Liz Truss urged to let parliament 'take back control' with Brexit trade deal scrutiny
- 6 Why don't Brexiteers like to talk about Brexit any more?
- 7 When Eton took on a team of miners at football
- 8 Michael Gove insists Liz Truss is delivering 'what's best for Britain'
- 9 PM to reveal details of post-Brexit agreement with Australia
- 10 Former Number 10 adviser warns Boris Johnson against stoking culture wars
On September 14, Rudd also retweeted a post which said a Birmingham community was "fucked" because a building was being demolished for an Islamic school. "Destroying beauty to replace it with yet more diversity," said the original tweeter. "Are people waking up yet".
Rudd is also a fan of a Stoke-on-Trent Brexit Party activist "Mike #Brexit Party" who has made hostile tweets about Muslims.
In 2018, "Mike" referred to Shiites as "shite" in a post that claimed "whites have no chance" against Muslims who "don't like anybody".
He wrote: "Muslims don't like anybody, shite dislike sunnies [Sunnis], sunnies dislike shites these two sects are the biggest, the other 14 sects are no better they all dislike each other, whites have no chance."
It is unknown is Rudd was aware of his party activist's Islamophobic views when he called "Mike" a "super star" for delivering Brexit Party leaflets. "Without the likes of you we won't get our message across," added Rudd.
The New European has contacted the Brexit Party for comment.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.