Brexiteer ushered off television set after being branded ‘patronising’ by presenter
- Credit: Archant
Tory Brexiteer MP David Davies was ushered off a television set after the host said he was being 'patronising' to a female Labour MP.
The Brexiteer appeared to be unwilling to discuss the harsh realities of a hard Brexit with Labour MP Anna Turley in an interview during the Kay Burley Show on Sky News.
Davies appeared intimidated by the Labour MP's knowledge on the subject as she continued to point out the pitfalls of leaving Britain without a deal.
'Are you telling me that hard Brexit is going to get my own people into work?' Redcar MP Turley asked.
'I'm not telling you anything because you're not giving me a chance!' snapped back Davies.
You may also want to watch:
Turley continued to explain: 'It's going to lose our automotive industry, it's going to lose our aerospace industry, and my constituents who work hard in manufacturing didn't vote for this. They didn't vote to be worse off, they didn't vote to be poorer and more inequality between the North East and London.'
Davies dismissed her concerns saying that she hadn't 'seen the figures from the Treasury as to what would happen'.
- 1 Michael Gove asked FIVE TIMES to explain what a 'substantial meal' is
- 2 BBC presenter attracts complaints after calling Brexiteers 'headbangers, zealots and quislings'
- 3 Michael Gove accused of going 'full Trump' after attacking Good Morning Britain's ratings
- 4 British expats seethe at post-Brexit travel restrictions
- 5 Keir Starmer mocks Tory heckler who said he was speaking in 'hindsight' with prediction
- 6 Brexiteer claims it will be '25 years' before UK gets sovereignty back
- 7 Netherlands causes hilarity with use of Brexit 'monster' to issue warning to citizens
- 8 Brexiteer mocked after dreaming up term to describe Britain's Covid vaccination programme
- 9 Scotland should 'aim to rejoin EU in full' after Brexit, SNP told
- 10 Michael Gove tells Piers Morgan boycotting GMB had been 'good advice'
Turley, however, insisted these were the very same figures she was quoting.
'These are your government figures!' she said.
The Brexiteer argued that he was not being given a fair chance to respond, before telling her 'you carry on' as he pulled his phone out of his pocket live on-air.
This caused television presenter Kay Burley to interrupt.
'Let's not be patronising,' she told Davies. 'It is completely unacceptable - please don't speak to her in that fashion. You've had more than enough time.'
At this point Davies was ushered off the set in front of the camera, shaking Burley's hand - but ignoring the Labour MP - as he departed.
One viewer tweeted: 'Wow, the passionate and informed arguments from Anna Turley vs. the stroppy, disinterested and 'unaffected' nature of David Davies speaks volumes...'
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.