‘Perfect metaphor for the government’ - Tory MP given unicorn for a Secret Santa gift
- Credit: Archant
A Conservative minister has been given a pink glittery unicorn as a secret Santa present.
David Gauke was given the gift after he compared a 'managed no-deal' Brexit scenario to a 'unicorn that needs to be slaughtered'.
The justice secretary revealed the gift on Twitter - but did not disclose whether he has killed it in the way he suggested earlier in the week.
The Tory MP tweeted a photograph of himself with a bemused look as he held the unicorn.
The photograph was captioned: 'An unexpected Christmas gift'.
You may also want to watch:
One responded: 'If looks could kill David, that unicorn is already slain.'
Another said: 'A perfect visual metaphor for the government's magical thinking right now.'
- 1 A lesson from the last of Mainwaring's men
- 2 Nick Clegg says EU 'let itself and millions of Europeans' down over Covid vaccine programme
- 3 Scathing report accuses Boris Johnson of 'only caring for England'
- 4 The stench of scandal seeping out from Britain
- 5 European Council president faces call to resign over 'Sofagate' incident
- 6 How the vaccines have shifted opinions over Brexit
- 7 Exports to EU increase in February after record fall
- 8 No 10 rewrote race disparity report, expert claims
- 9 Former chief scientist accuses Boris Johnson of privatising NHS 'by stealth'
- 10 Sturgeon attacks Westminster decision to refer Holyrood Bills to Supreme Court
Gauke reportedly told cabinet: 'The responsibility of cabinet ministers is not to propagate unicorns but to slay them.'
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.