‘Perfect metaphor for the government’ - Tory MP given unicorn for a Secret Santa gift
- Credit: Archant
A Conservative minister has been given a pink glittery unicorn as a secret Santa present.
David Gauke was given the gift after he compared a 'managed no-deal' Brexit scenario to a 'unicorn that needs to be slaughtered'.
The justice secretary revealed the gift on Twitter - but did not disclose whether he has killed it in the way he suggested earlier in the week.
The Tory MP tweeted a photograph of himself with a bemused look as he held the unicorn.
The photograph was captioned: 'An unexpected Christmas gift'.
You may also want to watch:
One responded: 'If looks could kill David, that unicorn is already slain.'
Another said: 'A perfect visual metaphor for the government's magical thinking right now.'
- 1 Why have Remainers gone so quiet?
- 2 The cheerleaders who have let Boris Johnson get away with it
- 3 Boris Johnson's awkward moment with the Queen
- 4 Did Euros fever contribute to result of EU referendum?
- 5 MATT FREI: Brexit posed a question... and we haven't even begun to answer it
- 6 Brexiteers propose return of imperial measurements in report on reducing 'red tape'
- 7 Dominic Cummings explains why Boris Johnson didn't do Andrew Neil interview
- 8 Tories suffer humiliating by-election defeat as Lib Dems score historic win
- 9 Politicians should vote on Australian post-Brexit trade deal, says Nicola Sturgeon
- 10 How the Kominsky Method grapples with growing old
Gauke reportedly told cabinet: 'The responsibility of cabinet ministers is not to propagate unicorns but to slay them.'
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.