From flipping over tables to flinging poo - new video urges us all to get angry
- Credit: Archant
A Remain pressure group has teamed up with the country's top comedians to urge us all to 'stop being so British'.
The video has been produced for Best for Britain by David Schneider and Ingrid Oliver, with the hope it will fuel more Britons to speak out against Brexit.
The comedians have used a number of scenarios, from having dinner in a restaurant to a neighbour's dog pooing on a lawn, to explain their point.
While it's very British to politely smile while filled with rage, Brexit is not one of those of scenarios where it pays to stay quiet.
Executive producer David Schneider - who has appeared in The Day Today, Hotel Babylon and I'm Alan Partridge - explained why he helped to make the video.
You may also want to watch:
'If a group of friends vote narrowly to go on a picnic and then, when they get there, it's pouring with rain, the venue is right by a rubbish tip and some joker has wee'd over the sandwiches, then they have a right to change their minds.
'We can see now how the Brexit promised by the unicornologists of the Leave campaign just isn't possible. Time is running out to stop us hurtling over a cliff after that big red bus.'
- 1 Boris Johnson proposes saving United Kingdom with 'Project Love' plan
- 2 The only Brexit export boom is from UK businesses rushing to Europe
- 3 Russell Kane: Why working class people like Boris Johnson
- 4 Former Brexit secretary 'privately agreed' with Gina Miller's court action over Article 50
- 5 The stench of scandal seeping out from Britain
- 6 PRINCE PHILIP: Why this Danish, Greek, German immigrant epitomised Britain
- 7 Is Volkswagen about to give Tesla a shock?
- 8 How the vaccines have shifted opinions over Brexit
- 9 Government loses bid to block financial services bill amendment in House of Lords
- 10 MEPs again refuse to ratify Brexit deal amid concerns No 10 is flouting conditions
Ingrid Oliver, who directed the film, said 'doing nothing is no longer an option'.
'Brexit is the single biggest challenge facing our generation and now that we know the likely consequences of withdrawal from the EU, we have to make our voices heard before it's too late.'
Eloise Todd from the Best for Britain organisation is urging everyone who watches this video to contact their MP about Brexit.
She said: 'This video is a call to action for thousands of people. Best for Britain is urging people not to be too British, but to stand up and take action instead. We need thousands of people to contact their MP and make their voice heard. This really matters.'
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.