Dear friend of The New European*
Welcome to the first of our new weekly newsletters - our cynical attempt to engage you with the content you SHOULD have read when you bought last week's newspaper - in an effort to convince you to subscribe to The New European.
Each Friday we will be reheating the best of last week's content and using that to promote all the great NEW content in this week's newspaper - on SALE nationwide for the princely sum of two quid.
If you are angry about Brexit, if you think the national media could do with a voice that reflects your anger, and if you want to support us as one of our growing family of readers, please consider a subscription to The New European - there is a link below this message. For just a tenner we will send you TEN whole copies of our brilliant newspaper** direct to your home address every week.
You may also want to watch:
Imagine how great that will feel! To peel open the pages of our paper whilst enjoying your morning espresso and pain au chocolat or - if you are receiving this in the north - your cup of tea and marmite on toast!
- 1 Leave EU website suspended after EU registry blocks move to Ireland
- 2 Priti Patel fails to appear in Commons to answer questions on missing police records
- 3 Boris Johnson blames seafood companies for post-Brexit sales slump
- 4 The Tory MPs who failed to vote against a Universal Credit cut
- 5 Comedian wins praise after shaming No 10 during Dancing on Ice appearance
- 6 Iain Duncan Smith defends calling Donald Trump 'a decent man'
- 7 The bigot we should have called out on day one
- 8 Tory minister admits UK rejected EU's music visa offer in order to 'take back control' of borders
- 9 Kwasi Kwarteng confirms post-Brexit review of workers' rights
- 10 Progressive alliance could see Labour win 351 seats at next election, new analysis reveals
Please enjoy, and share, the stories we've hand-selected*** for you below. And please keep sending us your letters - we read them all. Even the ones from Robert Miller.
Until next week,
Matt Kelly, editor
*If you are not a friend of The New European, feel free to bin this and unsubscribe.
**Not just our opinion - we have even nominated for six major U.K. media awards so far this year :)
***Not really - a fiendishly clever algorithm does this for us.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.