Dear friend of The New European*
Welcome to the first of our new weekly newsletters - our cynical attempt to engage you with the content you SHOULD have read when you bought last week's newspaper - in an effort to convince you to subscribe to The New European.
Each Friday we will be reheating the best of last week's content and using that to promote all the great NEW content in this week's newspaper - on SALE nationwide for the princely sum of two quid.
If you are angry about Brexit, if you think the national media could do with a voice that reflects your anger, and if you want to support us as one of our growing family of readers, please consider a subscription to The New European - there is a link below this message. For just a tenner we will send you TEN whole copies of our brilliant newspaper** direct to your home address every week.
You may also want to watch:
Imagine how great that will feel! To peel open the pages of our paper whilst enjoying your morning espresso and pain au chocolat or - if you are receiving this in the north - your cup of tea and marmite on toast!
- 1 Why have Remainers gone so quiet?
- 2 The cheerleaders who have let Boris Johnson get away with it
- 3 Brexiteers propose return of imperial measurements in report on reducing 'red tape'
- 4 Amazon order shows how we're all paying the price for Brexit
- 5 Why don't Brexiteers like to talk about Brexit any more?
- 6 PMQs: Ian Blackford drops truth bomb over post-Brexit trade deal with Australia
- 7 Politicians should vote on Australian post-Brexit trade deal, says Nicola Sturgeon
- 8 George Eustice could be demoted in next cabinet reshuffle
- 9 When Eton took on a team of miners at football
- 10 Crisis in the unpicked fruit fields shows Brexit is rotten
Please enjoy, and share, the stories we've hand-selected*** for you below. And please keep sending us your letters - we read them all. Even the ones from Robert Miller.
Until next week,
Matt Kelly, editor
*If you are not a friend of The New European, feel free to bin this and unsubscribe.
**Not just our opinion - we have even nominated for six major U.K. media awards so far this year :)
***Not really - a fiendishly clever algorithm does this for us.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.