Dear New European reader,
Well, we now know at least one thing about our inscrutable Prime Minister. We know she is prepared to do a u-turn on something she stated categorically would not happen - a snap General Election.
Who knows where the u-turns will end! We can but hope.
Actually, now Theresa May has taken this enormous political gamble (and don't let anyone tell you anything in politics is certain these days) there is a lot more we can do besides hope.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs May seeks a new mandate for her Hard Brexit. But with a resurgent Liberal Democrats and a re-energised (though incoherent) Labour Party, it seems entirely possible that she will receive anything but. Even a victory would not guarantee her the mandate for her reckless Hard Brexit.
- 1 Michael Gove claims Boris Johnson is a 'huge asset' to Scotland
- 2 Sky News presenter says Boris Johnson is 'gaslighting the nation' over Covid claims
- 3 Home Office launches voluntary repatriation scheme for EU nationals
- 4 Brussels politician says Boris Johnson should 'pay for EU workers to stay' in UK
- 5 David Cameron's wife says Brexit has made trading 'difficult' for her business
- 6 Website that allows public to see if their MP is 'a p***k' gets 250,000 views in four days
- 7 Piers Morgan and Susanna Reid reject Boris Johnson's coronavirus claim
- 8 Nigel Farage reminded of claim that 'acid test of Brexit' surrounds fishing after clip resurfaces
- 9 Pro-Brexit fishing campaigner says Boris Johnson's deal has left her with 'no fish'
- 10 Boris Johnson is the 'worst PM' and should resign, says Alastair Campbell
Now the balance of motivation is with the 48%. The fight is back on. It's all to play for. And we can all play our part.
Thank you to the hundreds of you who chose to join us as subscribers last week. This rate of growth continues unabated. Our pop-up paper is in no danger of popping-off anytime soon!
Have a great weekend and enjoy (and share) some of the digital highlights you'll find below.
Better still - remember to get out and buy the newspaper. We may be a small voice in this, but we are the only voice unwaveringly on the side of the 48%.
Until next week.
editor, The New European
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.