Dear New European reader,
Well, we now know at least one thing about our inscrutable Prime Minister. We know she is prepared to do a u-turn on something she stated categorically would not happen - a snap General Election.
Who knows where the u-turns will end! We can but hope.
Actually, now Theresa May has taken this enormous political gamble (and don't let anyone tell you anything in politics is certain these days) there is a lot more we can do besides hope.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs May seeks a new mandate for her Hard Brexit. But with a resurgent Liberal Democrats and a re-energised (though incoherent) Labour Party, it seems entirely possible that she will receive anything but. Even a victory would not guarantee her the mandate for her reckless Hard Brexit.
- 1 European parliament agrees to add British overseas territories to post-Brexit tax haven blacklist
- 2 Pro-Brexit fishing campaigner says Boris Johnson's deal has left her with 'no fish'
- 3 Minister terminates interview after suggesting public's age and weight to blame for UK's high death toll
- 4 This picture of Boris Johnson on the phone to Joe Biden has caused a stir
- 5 Telegraph columnist blames Angela Merkel for Brexit
- 6 Boris Johnson to visit Scotland this week in attempt to shore up the union
- 7 Brexiteer calls for UK to save Eurostar - by buying it and renaming it 'Britstar'
- 8 Petition launched to cancel 'festival of Brexit' event in 2022
- 9 Brussels to launch campaign teaching younger Britons about the EU
- 10 Piers Morgan defends interview with Thérèse Coffey after accusations of 'bullying'
Now the balance of motivation is with the 48%. The fight is back on. It's all to play for. And we can all play our part.
Thank you to the hundreds of you who chose to join us as subscribers last week. This rate of growth continues unabated. Our pop-up paper is in no danger of popping-off anytime soon!
Have a great weekend and enjoy (and share) some of the digital highlights you'll find below.
Better still - remember to get out and buy the newspaper. We may be a small voice in this, but we are the only voice unwaveringly on the side of the 48%.
Until next week.
editor, The New European
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.