Let’s Be Having EU – Delia Smith to lead the People’s Vote march
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Delia Smith and Deborah Meaden are to help lead the march for a People's Vote.
The cookery show presenter and writer will help lead more than 100,000 people through central London at what is dubbed to be the biggest political march in over a decade.
Delia will be joined by businesswoman and Dragon's Den star Deborah Meaden, who has been vocal about her opposition to Brexit on Twitter, and said she 'will not be silenced' over the issue.
Others to provide video messages include Game of Thrones star Lena Headey, comedian Tracey Ullman, Mrs Brown's Boys star Brendan O'Carroll, The Wire actor Dominic West, and Match of the Day presenter Gary Lineker.
Speaking ahead of the People's Vote march, Delia said: 'I am petrified at the way Brexit is going. I'm afraid the political leaders have made a dog's dinner of it and none of us really trust them anymore to take final decision - whatever the result the of negotiations.'
You may also want to watch:
Meaden said: 'Brexit is going to be immensely harmful for our country — whether it's the NHS whose staff fear for the future or small business which is the backbone of Britain.'
Dozens of celebrities have also funded free coaches from various parts of the UK to central London for the march.
- 1 Brexiteer Prue Leith quits Tory Party after government votes down motion to protect UK food standards
- 2 Piers Morgan must expose the government's Brexit betrayal
- 3 Public slams Brexit Party tweet which shames Tory MPs who voted against free school meals
- 4 Peers set to remove law-breaking sections of Boris Johnson's Brexit bill
- 5 James Cleverly mocked after telling people to 'look at how they're doing in Wales'
- 6 Michel Barnier postpones Brussels return as Brexit trade talks in London continue
- 7 Tory minister blames journalists for NHS Test and Trace failure as he defends Dido Harding
- 8 Group in protest against Tory MPs who voted down free school meals targets offices with empty plates
- 9 UKIP set to select 'Dr Gammons' as candidate for London mayoral election
- 10 Boris Johnson 'frantically repositioning' himself for Donald Trump to lose election
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.