Long-standing Labour MP Dennis Skinner at risk of losing his seat in Bolsover
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The long-standing Labour MP Dennis Skinner is at risk of losing his seat in Bolsover.
According to Best for Britain polling Skinner could lose his Derbyshire seat to the Conservatives, despite taking a pro-Brexit stance.
The MP has held the seat since 1970, but now appears to be at risk from the local Tories.
The polling puts Skinner on just 28% of support - down by 23% at the last election - compared to the Tories at 34%.
Despite his Brexiteer credentials, Best for Britain are advising people vote tactically in the seat to support Labour to deny Boris Johnson a majority.
You may also want to watch:
If Skinner is re-elected he will replace Ken Clarke as father of the house.
- 1 Cost of Brexit is already 38 times more than the money set aside for levelling up
- 2 Brexit stripped me of my Britishness
- 3 What I learned by avoiding England and the Euros
- 4 What IS the liberal response to the migrant crisis?
- 5 Boris Johnson enjoys splendid isolation
- 6 Boris Johnson: The sado-populist prime minister
- 7 The Tories have already lost the culture wars
- 8 Has something shifted in sado-populist Britain?
- 9 Priti Patel - the poster girl for our poisonous politics
- 10 It's now clear what sovereignty means
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.