Long-standing Labour MP Dennis Skinner at risk of losing his seat in Bolsover
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The long-standing Labour MP Dennis Skinner is at risk of losing his seat in Bolsover.
According to Best for Britain polling Skinner could lose his Derbyshire seat to the Conservatives, despite taking a pro-Brexit stance.
The MP has held the seat since 1970, but now appears to be at risk from the local Tories.
The polling puts Skinner on just 28% of support - down by 23% at the last election - compared to the Tories at 34%.
Despite his Brexiteer credentials, Best for Britain are advising people vote tactically in the seat to support Labour to deny Boris Johnson a majority.
You may also want to watch:
If Skinner is re-elected he will replace Ken Clarke as father of the house.
- 1 Boris Johnson warned majority will be 'wiped out' over treatment towards north of England
- 2 Boris Johnson 'frantically repositioning' himself for Donald Trump to lose election
- 3 UKIP set to select 'Dr Gammons' as candidate for London mayoral election
- 4 James Cleverly mocked after telling people to 'look at how they're doing in Wales'
- 5 Piers Morgan must expose the government's Brexit betrayal
- 6 Minister says Dido Harding is working '19-hours a day' on Test and Trace
- 7 Third Tory MP who rejected extending free school meals is targeted with local protests
- 8 Second shop owner bans Tory MPs who voted against free school meals motion
- 9 Brexiteer Prue Leith quits Tory Party after government votes down motion to protect UK food standards
- 10 Piers Morgan calls Boris Johnson a 'blustering buffoon' in attack on PM's handling of Covid-19 pandemic
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.