Pizza shop offers discount to those who have backed a People’s Vote
- Credit: Archant
A pizza shop has offered a large discount on pizzas to those who have written to their MPs in support of a People's Vote.
All Pizzeria Apollo in Diane Abbott's constituency of Hackney North and Stoke Newington has announced that it will offer a 25% discount to those that have written a letter expressing their support for the second referendum on Brexit.
According to the Hackney Gazette customers have to bring in a copy of their written letter or email to their MP expressing their support for another vote to claim the offer.
Oliver Kenny, owner of the shop on Stoke Newington High Street, told the Gazette: 'We wanted to do something positive, not something negative. Our tiny little pizzeria in Hackney should do our bit to positively say what we think is the best thing to do.'
He added: 'We generally don't offer promotions like this, so it's a fun way to encourage people to get engaged.'
Kenny, who backed Remain in the 2016 referendum, said that Brexit would not help his business which is why he was not supporting it.
You may also want to watch:
He told the newspaper: 'Going into 2019, we have no idea what's going on, and there's no indication from parliament that they have any idea what's going on.
'So my view is that the faster it gets referred back the electorate, the better.'
- 1 US election result could spark 'end of Brexit', claims peer
- 2 Brexiteer says EU 'spiteful' to end fast-track lanes for Brits after Brexit
- 3 'Assorted caviar' and 'board games' - Gifts confiscated from Boris Johnson due to anti-corruption laws
- 4 Farage says he can dodge US travel ban because he's a 'journalist'
- 5 Poll puts Labour on highest level of support since 2014
- 6 Question Time: Tory minister told 'diverse' cabinet doesn't erase race issues in party
- 7 Former Labour MP tells Jeremy Corbyn to retire after being suspended from party
- 8 Poll: Most Britons think Labour was right to suspend Jeremy Corbyn
- 9 Poll finds Boris Johnson key factor for Scots backing independence
- 10 Nigel Farage places £10,000 bet on Donald Trump to win second White House term
The discount comes with some stipultations and will only last until the end of March - or until a second referendum is called - depending on what comes first.
In the June 2016 EU referendum 78.5% of voters in Hackney North and Stoke Newington backed Remain.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.