Pizza shop offers discount to those who have backed a People’s Vote
- Credit: Archant
A pizza shop has offered a large discount on pizzas to those who have written to their MPs in support of a People's Vote.
All Pizzeria Apollo in Diane Abbott's constituency of Hackney North and Stoke Newington has announced that it will offer a 25% discount to those that have written a letter expressing their support for the second referendum on Brexit.
According to the Hackney Gazette customers have to bring in a copy of their written letter or email to their MP expressing their support for another vote to claim the offer.
Oliver Kenny, owner of the shop on Stoke Newington High Street, told the Gazette: 'We wanted to do something positive, not something negative. Our tiny little pizzeria in Hackney should do our bit to positively say what we think is the best thing to do.'
He added: 'We generally don't offer promotions like this, so it's a fun way to encourage people to get engaged.'
Kenny, who backed Remain in the 2016 referendum, said that Brexit would not help his business which is why he was not supporting it.
You may also want to watch:
He told the newspaper: 'Going into 2019, we have no idea what's going on, and there's no indication from parliament that they have any idea what's going on.
'So my view is that the faster it gets referred back the electorate, the better.'
- 1 Labour leader defends NHS after being kicked out of pub in Bath
- 2 Brexit regret: Meet the Leave voters who wish they hadn't voted Leave
- 3 Opposition parties push for probe into Boris Johnson's conduct following viral video
- 4 ‘I should not have listened to Cameron’ – Former European Commission president
- 5 Scottish Tory leader accused of 'nonsense' excuse for Boris Johnson avoiding Scotland
- 6 A chapter is over for Britain, for good or ill
- 7 The biggest scandal may be that no rules were broken
- 8 Russell Kane: Why working class people like Boris Johnson
- 9 Welsh government refused permission for legal challenge over post-Brexit bill
- 10 Annalena Baerbock: Can the Queen of Green seize the Bundestag?
The discount comes with some stipultations and will only last until the end of March - or until a second referendum is called - depending on what comes first.
In the June 2016 EU referendum 78.5% of voters in Hackney North and Stoke Newington backed Remain.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.