Another expert leaves Nigel Farage ‘running scared’ over Brexit
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Nigel Farage has been accused of 'running scared' from a doctor who destroyed his claims about the damage Brexit will have on the NHS.
Dr Rachel Clarke responded to the former UKIP leader on social media after he dismissed yet another warning from NHS professionals over a 'No Deal' Brexit.
Farage accused the British Medical Association of engaging in an 'extreme form' of 'project fear' and called the body that represents healthcare professionals an 'absolute disgrace'. That's right – the very people who save lives on a daily basis.
Dr Clarke, a palliative care doctor from Oxford, responded with a Twitter thread of devastating statistics and hard-hitting facts. She ended the thread with a challenge to debate the facts on his LBC programme.
Her tweets have reached more than 1.5 million people in just one day with hundreds praising the responses.
You may also want to watch:
NHS campaigner Clive Peedell said: 'Dr Rachel Clarke is Nigel Farage's worst nightmare to interview about Brexit and the NHS. She's a doctor with an academic background in politics and she talks in an evidence-based, factual and truthful manner'.
Broadcaster Shelagh Fogarty said: 'Judge this one for yourself, people. I'm not on those wards. @doctor_oxford is'.
- 1 These are the 322 Tory MPs who voted against extending free school meals to children
- 2 Question Time: Ex-Tory minister accused of making 'sickening' comment about free schools meals row
- 3 Betty Boothroyd delivers scathing assessment of Boris Johnson's government
- 4 Downing Street withholds praise for business and local authorities offering free meals to hungry children
- 5 Priti Patel bullying inquiry may never be released, hints Boris Johnson's new civil service boss
- 6 House of Lords defies No 10 and votes to heavily defeat Boris Johnson's Brexit bill
- 7 Priti Patel set to hand private firms £28 million in government contracts to deport asylum seekers from UK
- 8 At the upcoming US election, Donald Trump really is toast
- 9 Boris Johnson 'plans to resign' in six months because he can't live on £150k salary
- 10 James O'Brien claims Covid-19 crisis exposed how out of touch Boris Johnson's government is with reality
The lack of acknowledgement from the arch-Brexiteer to the tweets have prompted many to claim that he is 'running scared' from the argument.
Twitter user @_havelok said: 'Nigel Farage deals with empty emotive rhetoric, not real issues that affect real people's real lives'.
Ailsa Rutter tweeted: 'Nigel Farage in a million years doesn't have the guts. Running scared. Knows he'd be totally out classed and out of his depth. Shameful self publicity'.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.