Danny Dyer confirms he’s now a Remainer as he attacks Nigel Farage
- Credit: Archant
When Danny Dyer attacked former prime minister David Cameron his comments went viral. Now the former Leave voter has turned his attention to another politician.
Last month the actor's comments on Brexit were widely shared on social media after he used colourful language to describe Cameron on ITV's Good Evening Britain.
Speaking to the Mirror he confirmed that he stuck by his remarks, and said he had changed his mind on Brexit.
He said: 'I think I became a poster boy for the Remain campaign because I did vote leave and now I want to remain. That is the truth.'
As well as reaffirming his remarks on Cameron he also hit out at the former UKIP leader Nigel Farage.
You may also want to watch:
'He only called this vote on, whatever it was meant to be, because he had a spat with the other p**** Farage.
'He has a spat with Farage and for his own ego he goes 'I'll tell you what, I'll get the public, they'll show ya, I'll get them to vote, they are on my side.''
- 1 Betty Boothroyd delivers scathing assessment of Boris Johnson's government
- 2 House of Lords defies No 10 and votes to heavily defeat Boris Johnson's Brexit bill
- 3 Boris Johnson 'plans to resign' in six months because he can't live on £150k salary
- 4 ERG MP says Boris Johnson should consider cutting ties with Church of England following Brexit row
- 5 Labour MP calls Dan Wootton a 'complete and utter nutcase' following Covid-19 herd immunity comment
- 6 Government told to publish impact assessments for Boris Johnson's 'Narnia' deal with EU
- 7 Diane Abbott accuses Keir Starmer of having 'other motives' while shadow Brexit secretary
- 8 Theresa May brands Michael Gove's no-deal Brexit statement 'utter rubbish'
- 9 Brexiteer admits 'Australia-style deal' term designed to 'pull wool over voters' eyes'
- 10 Remainers blamed for Boris Johnson's inability to secure Brexit deal
Explaining why he decided to vote Leave in the first place - he pointed to the key promises of the Brexiteers.
'I f****** hate Cameron and I always have and that's probably why I voted Leave as well.'
'£250million for the NHS, yeah I'll have some of that, absolutely, we'll get a bit of control back for our own country, it's not been the case has it?
'I don't know what we do. Still until this day, what have we voted for, we still don't know. It's a f****** travesty.'
A new poll today found that a majority now back a People's Vote on the final Brexit deal, with the tide turning back to support for Remain.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.