POLL: Who gets your backing in the Lib Dem leadership election?
- Credit: Archant
Polls have opened in the Lib Dem leadership election for party members to have their say on their next leader, but who would get your backing in the contest?
Layla Moran has been seen as a break from the coalition years which Jo Swinson was unable to shake off at the last election, but former Lib Dem leader Sir Vince Cable suggested that her vision is too similar to the radical one that was rejected by the electorate under Jeremy Corbyn.
Ed Davey, meanwhile, has said that he would not work with the Tories in any circumstances at the next election, a rejection of MP Wera Hobhouse's suggestion that he is a Tory at heart.
Both recognise that they need to work with other parties to defeat Boris Johnson at the ballot box in 2024.
But which will get your vote? Have your say in our poll.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Could Mexican Coke spark a new Coca-Cola cold war?
- 2 A view from inside the Heathrow petri dish
- 3 The reverse Midas touch of Michael Gove
- 4 First black female mayor elected in Liverpool as Labour holds on to role
- 5 Dominic Raab 'chickened out' of a no-deal Brexit, Michel Barnier says
- 6 Nicola Sturgeon concedes Holyrood majority for SNP is a ‘very long shot’
- 7 Keir Starmer faces a ‘mountain to climb’ after Hartlepool defeat
- 8 Labour claims ‘extraordinary results’ in Welsh Parliament election
- 9 How Brexit and court politics weakened the Civil Service
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.