POLL: Who gets your backing in the Lib Dem leadership election?
- Credit: Archant
Polls have opened in the Lib Dem leadership election for party members to have their say on their next leader, but who would get your backing in the contest?
Layla Moran has been seen as a break from the coalition years which Jo Swinson was unable to shake off at the last election, but former Lib Dem leader Sir Vince Cable suggested that her vision is too similar to the radical one that was rejected by the electorate under Jeremy Corbyn.
Ed Davey, meanwhile, has said that he would not work with the Tories in any circumstances at the next election, a rejection of MP Wera Hobhouse's suggestion that he is a Tory at heart.
Both recognise that they need to work with other parties to defeat Boris Johnson at the ballot box in 2024.
But which will get your vote? Have your say in our poll.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 The stench of scandal seeping out from Britain
- 2 Why is devout Jacob Rees-Mogg so quiet about Boris Johnson's affairs?
- 3 Major and Blair were right about Brexit and Northern Ireland
- 4 Dominic Cummings' new venture could cause concern for No 10
- 5 Government deletes pro-Scottish independence blog post
- 6 Tory candidate under fire after describing Brexit chaos as a 'hiccup'
- 7 Roman Kemp: Depression and coping with George Michael's death
- 8 Ex-police ombudsman criticises Arlene Foster over NI riot remarks
- 9 JPMorgan 'considering' move of all EU business out of London, bank boss says
- 10 DUP MP launches legal action against government over Brexit
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.