‘We’re gonna need a bigger lie’ – Enter our caption competition
- Credit: Getty Images
They say a picture is worth a thousand words.
And this snap of hard-line Brexiteers Jacob Rees-Mogg, Boris Johnson and Peter Bone at an Economists for Free Trade meeting may well come to tell the story of the UK's catastrophic exit from the European Union better than any other.
We asked you for your captions – and you've replied in your hundreds.
The best caption will win a New European t-shirt – and we are still accepting entries.
Some favourites so far include:
You may also want to watch:
Clive Robert May: 'The impromptu game of Countdown had the teams struggling to make a word from the letters F U S T E R C L U C K.'
Tom Holder: 'Have I brought the plan? I thought YOU were bringing the plan?'
- 1 Could Mexican Coke spark a new Coca-Cola cold war?
- 2 Dominic Raab 'chickened out' of a no-deal Brexit, Michel Barnier says
- 3 Boris Johnson's downfall will be the truth
- 4 Boris Johnson consumed by infighting as Brexit job losses worsen
- 5 The German mega-scandal that puts ours in the shade
- 6 New royal yacht Prince Philip is a waste of £200m
- 7 Post-Brexit EU worker exodus hits restaurants and pubs
- 8 A side to Julio Iglesias nobody should have to see
- 9 Could John Lewis remarks spell curtains for Boris Johnson?
- 10 Bailout too late for Rishi Sunak's wife
Matt Taylor: 'We're gonna need a bigger lie.'
Tony Lloyd 'You've got a fox, a hen, and some corn in Dover and you can only get two through customs in Calais...'
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.