‘We’re gonna need a bigger lie’ – Enter our caption competition
- Credit: Getty Images
They say a picture is worth a thousand words.
And this snap of hard-line Brexiteers Jacob Rees-Mogg, Boris Johnson and Peter Bone at an Economists for Free Trade meeting may well come to tell the story of the UK's catastrophic exit from the European Union better than any other.
We asked you for your captions – and you've replied in your hundreds.
The best caption will win a New European t-shirt – and we are still accepting entries.
Some favourites so far include:
You may also want to watch:
Clive Robert May: 'The impromptu game of Countdown had the teams struggling to make a word from the letters F U S T E R C L U C K.'
Tom Holder: 'Have I brought the plan? I thought YOU were bringing the plan?'
- 1 Would Javid have renamed ICU wards 'Drama Queen Zones'?
- 2 Empty shelves are partly down to Brexit - but Leavers won't admit it
- 3 The Spanish village with the mythical blue lagoon
- 4 Has something shifted in sado-populist Britain?
- 5 Priti Patel - the poster girl for our poisonous politics
- 6 Ed Vaizey overtakes Paul Dacre in the Ofcom race
- 7 My favourite new Freedom is avoiding selfish anti-maskers
- 8 A very nearly enchanted evening
- 9 What IS the liberal response to the migrant crisis?
- 10 Telling the truth is now the only sackable offence
Matt Taylor: 'We're gonna need a bigger lie.'
Tony Lloyd 'You've got a fox, a hen, and some corn in Dover and you can only get two through customs in Calais...'
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.