Brexiteer Andrea Jenkyns ridiculed after ‘sore losers’ tweet following television interview
- Credit: PA
Tory Brexiteer Andrea Jenkyns has been accused of 'playground bully' tactics after responding to a story about her television interview with a 'you lost get over it' tirade.
Jenkyns took aim at an article alleging she 'erupted with fury after taking exception with Boris Johnson being branded 'a liar''.
The deputy chairwoman of the European Research Group appeared on All out Politics on Tuesday defending Boris Johnson's decision to overwrite key aspects of the Northern Ireland Protocol.
Responding to a question by Labour's Chris Byrant on whether Johnson was a liar for going back on a promise to uphold the Protocol, Jenkyns said: 'Chris, how dare you call the prime minister a liar, when look at your party.'
You may also want to watch:
Jenkyns went on a rant about how Labour wanted to 'thwart Brexit' before claiming that the party had voted the 'biggest arch-Remainer' it had.
- 1 US election result could spark 'end of Brexit', claims peer
- 2 Brexiteer says EU 'spiteful' to end fast-track lanes for Brits after Brexit
- 3 STAR TURNS: Bond star haunted by school tragedy
- 4 'Assorted caviar' and 'board games' - Gifts confiscated from Boris Johnson due to anti-corruption laws
- 5 Boris Johnson 'hid in bedroom' to avoid grilling on Brexit stance days before becoming PM
- 6 Brexit shambles: A stress of our own making
- 7 Nigel Farage places £10,000 bet on Donald Trump to win second White House term
- 8 Farage says he can dodge US travel ban because he's a 'journalist'
- 9 Boris Johnson warned majority will be 'wiped out' over treatment towards north of England
- 10 Question Time: Tory minister told 'diverse' cabinet doesn't erase race issues in party
Responding to the New European article, Jenkyns tweeted: 'As a proud brexiteer it is always a badge of honour when sore loser remainers in The New European take offence at me putting forward the case to honour the expressed democratic will of the British people. #GetOverItYouLost.'
She was swiftly ridiculed on Twitter.
J Mark Dodds wrote: 'Pathetic. You're paid £80K a year to be a politician not a primary school playground bully.'
Justin Billinger said: 'A badge of honour that ignores over half the country. Have you forgotten who you work for?'
Sarah Phelps wrote: 'Get over it, you won and the prize is shitting in your hands 3 times a day forever.'
TNE writer Steve Anglesey posted: 'The smell of utter desperation from this lot grows stronger by the hour'
Liberal Democrats politician Jack Dart wrote: 'You're an MP. You're acting like a f**king child... grow up.'
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.